PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with my car?

steveo32
02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the problem with my car, before I give up and take it to a shop.
I'm not sure if it is carb, or what. When I start my car, it idles funny, then drops down til it dies. Sometimes it will Idle, then I put it in drive, and it dies. Help me!!! I love this car and I need it badly!!! I got this beast for $350 bucks. Cuz I needed something to drive and I couldn't find a good prelude. Any help is appreciated!

Hondaisok
02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi neighbor. I would replace the two filters first off. I just replaced my fuel pump on a hunch and cured intermittant idle and starting problems. The screen/pouch on the old pump intake was full of what looked like fine black clay or mold. Strange. I am far from an expert, but believe the filters are a cheap place to start. Good luck.

A20A1
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Read everything posted here:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572

Even though it's under emissions help, it still may apply to your problem.

ernhrdt34
02-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I had a stalling problem when i got my accord and it turned out to be the PCV valve. You could try replacing that its only a few bucks.

steveo32
02-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I really don't know much about Carbed engines, I guess now would be a good time to learn. This weekend i'll try replacing the fuel filters and pcv valve and see if that helps. Thanks for the help!:)