PDA

View Full Version : 88 lxi tail light problems

zacritz929
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
It seems like dash lights and taillights going out is a common problem with 3rd genz but i havnt seen anyone else with the exact same problem as me. First off my left turn signal blinks fast when I apply the brakes. When i bought my car the taillights worked fine except for the "fast" blinker. Well i took out the alpine headunit that came with it and put my new headunit in. Later that nite i noticed that my dash light and taillights werent working but my headlights and turn signals worked. I checked my fuses and my number 14 is blown and i replaced it and now everthing is working fine. Now my car is taken apart and I cant drive it but i was wondering if this fuse is jsut goin to blow again? I also noticed that there was a 75 amp fuse in the 15th slot when there was supposed to be a 15 amp in it? Would that have anything to sdo with it? Where are the switches or relays for the tails and what do these switches and relays do??? I dont know much about elec. I ordered a new combination switch and hopefully it will fix the blinker problem and fix any other problem.

Thanks