PDA

View Full Version : Dropzone?

oldschool3g
02-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey Guys I Was Just Woundering Is Any Of You Have Dropzone Adjustable Coilovers On Your Cars Or If They Even Fit...cause I Saw Some On Slickcar.com...i Just Wanna Know If These Will Work With The Stock Shocks....thanks

ivanfbi
03-01-2006, 02:04 AM
they suck. too stiff, too bouncy, kill you stock shocks on the 2 day, making it WORSE handeler than stock car.

oldschool3g
03-01-2006, 07:06 AM
oh really...what do you recommend me getting for my car?...i wanna get the springs and the shocks only i dont know what combination would go better.

Acid X
03-01-2006, 09:02 AM
You could always go with the Dropzone SPRINGS, not coilovers... I have them on my car coupled with tokico struts and they work really well.

ivanfbi
03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I prefer little softer springs, like H&R, Intrax, Neuspeed....I think, dropzone springs are not much better than coilovers.

oldschool3g
03-09-2006, 10:03 AM
tokico hp struts with dropzone adjustable coiloversIS THIS A GOOD SETUP GUYS?...I NEED YOUR OPINION

jigga225
03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
tokico hp struts with dropzone adjustable coiloversIS THIS A GOOD SETUP GUYS?...I NEED YOUR OPINION

I had that same setup, and from experience, I'm going to say NO.
My tokico struts were blown in around a month.

Dropzone coilovers are really stff and will blow any struts that are available for the 3G. They even blew my Konis in the front. leaving me with a bouncy ride that had me mad every time i drove

SO just do like somebody said and get regular drop springs with tokico struts.
peace.

oldschool3g
03-11-2006, 02:55 PM
hey guys....my cousin has sent me these dropzone adjustable coilovers...i know alot of you have said that they are a bad idea....and that their too stiff...but i was woundering if intead of using the spring that it comes with...is it possible to buy a different spring and sitting them in the adjustable part...will this make it better?...i need opinions...thanks
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/twhonza/Pictu6889.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/twhonza/Picture009.jpg

jigga225
03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
they are450F annd 350R.
I tried to use the 350 for the front since its closer to ground control rates...but it resulted in bottoming out a lot and scraping.
(stupid laptop spacebar)
Also, 90-97 sleeve coilovers will fit our cars, soyou can use a set of those...

ivanfbi
03-15-2006, 01:28 AM
my friend used to have dropzones, I stay away from anything that has this name. shocks, all rubber parts of suspension, ball joint on control arms broke in no time, so i say its cheaper to buy better springs first time than fixing all that.

oldschool3g
03-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks Guys...im Not Even Going To Bother Putting Them In If Its Going To Break My Balljoist, And Control Arm...im Just Gonna Go With Tokico Shocks And Some Better Springs...not Coilovers...lol...thanks