PDA

View Full Version : So i've got an '88.......

Boonie Buster
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
My motor's getting tired and i don't wanna just get rid of the car, cus i do like it. what's a fairly easy swap that'll get me some more ponies??? also there used to be a place that told you what motor and stuff was in your car, where is that? i was searching all over and couldn't find it.

btw. i have a '88 4Dr Accord LX, Auto, Carb. (if this helps any)

Thanks.

SteveDX89
03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
My motor's getting tired and i don't wanna just get rid of the car, cus i do like it. what's a fairly easy swap that'll get me some more ponies??? also there used to be a place that told you what motor and stuff was in your car, where is that? i was searching all over and couldn't find it.
btw. i have a '88 4Dr Accord LX, Auto, Carb. (if this helps any)
Thanks.

If you want a few more ponies without going all out, get an EFI motor and do the fuel injection conversion. Check the how-to on the board. You should see a thread with a link in there.

Boonie Buster
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
what would be a good motor though, like i hear all this b16, b20, h22, z44 HIKE!!!! stuff, and i have no idea where to start. I mean i am very capable of doing a mototr swap, done plenty of them to know, i just don't know what would be a good option. :help: :help: :help:

88Accord-DX
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
One of them B series motors. There hasn't been but a few pull off the H22 swap.

Boonie Buster
03-01-2006, 07:53 PM
ya?!?! i'll have to check into that. do you know of the thread i'm talking about? it has a breakdown of the year and motors that came with the car and different models. i just don't remember if it was on this forum or another.

ghettogeddy
03-01-2006, 07:56 PM
u should have a a20a1

Boonie Buster
03-01-2006, 08:00 PM
thank you :)