PDA

View Full Version : Some new parts

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Well i just ordered the first parts for my complete engine overhaul and a/t to m/t swap plus im finishing up with some appearance things. I just ordered the koyo radiator, 90-93 integra cold air intake, 8mm spark plugs wires with bosch platinum 2 plugs and night shades spray tint (for my corner lights and tail lights) and i just painted the eye lids and hood grill gloss black. I plan to do a koyo radiator, CAI, re-built motor, header, high-flow cat, custom daul exhaust and a small dry shot nitrious kit for when i take it to the track and want to mess around and some engine dress up parts. plus the 5-speed trans swap with the stage 1 racing clutch from eclutchmasters. The next things im going to get are black mesh grille for the bodykit and a header. My main questions are does anyone have the parts i just ordered and what is your opinion on them? And does anyone have any suggestions on any other parts i should get? Keep in mind that im not trying to make a full out race car just something dependable and to have fun on the weekends ( I don't plan on boring the motor, port and polishing or turboing at this time) Thanks for any help you can give me.

bobafett
03-02-2006, 08:29 AM
the intake should work fine, i enjoyed the gains of a CAI on my car. most people use NGK-R plugs on hondas, they seem to work better than even nice expensive plugs (at least in my experience, although i had +4's that worked fine). header and high flow cat were a couple of my favorite mods, if you couple those with a cam (delta cams are cheap cheap cheap) you will definetly enjoy the car a lot more.

dual exhaust i would say is probably pointless, but i would have to see it to really know... and a small shot of n20 on a rebuilt motor sounds like a fine idea, what has been done on your rebuilt motor (or have you gotten it taken care of yet?)

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Im still looking for a re-built kit, im going to gather all the parts and put them all on at the same time with the new motor and trans. The bodykit i have ia made for a daul exhaust so it will look beter if i do one, im not going to make the pipes too big because with no backpressure i will lose hp(if my understanding is correct) Where can i get a cam from and how much?

bobafett
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
i would suggest www.deltacam.com they are really cheap and work well (i have ran a 272 cam for a couple years, and now i have a 282 in my new motor, but havent used it yet) they should be around 110-120 shipped. :)

bobafett
03-02-2006, 09:57 AM
why do you say that?

im going to be 'barely' tuned with SAFC and adjustable cam gear and fuel pressure regulator. also im going megasquirt ASAP, but i dont know when that will be....

when i asked delta they said they wouldnt reccomend anything larger than a 282 on a street driven a20, but they did not mention needing advanced tuning to run it safely....

bobafett
03-02-2006, 11:57 AM
oh... yeah no worries i got that covered... im just breaking the motor in on the PJ0, then its off to MegaSquirt land...

also, according to Delta over the phone when ordering the 282, the powerband for the 282 is '1500-5500' which is a load of crap, cause my 272 cam has a 3500+ power band. :) maybe that figures on a stock motor or something...

I know the PJ0 cant accomodate the revs that my cam/motor will perform at, but when i get real engine management it will be perfect!

bobafett
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
nice... how does the ford tb mount up? just drill new holes in the IM? i still have to track down a 88+ tps for my car so i can run the bbk tb. :)

A20A1
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah openloop had trouble with the stock ecu limiting power on the A20 in the upper rpm's. I think that was part of the reason for upgrading to the OBD 1 and using the 4G ditributor. Not sure if they ever did a dyno after that though.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Does anyone remember the link on where to cut the 90-93 integra intake to make it fit?? I been looking for like 3 days and i found everything but that.

Strugglebucket
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah openloop had trouble with the stock ecu limiting power on the A20 in the upper rpm's. I think that was part of the reason for upgrading to the OBD 1 and using the 4G ditributor. Not sure if they ever did a dyno after that though.
i think they were using venom injectors (255cc?) and still leaning out on top. that was with a 290 cam, and the torque curve was really nice. not peaky at all.

bobafett
03-06-2006, 10:40 PM
http://openloopmotorsports.com/88accord1.jpg
http://openloopmotorsports.com/dyno2.jpg

A20a3 2.0 SOHC 12 Valve
stock bottom end
cam
TB
intake
header
exhaust

This setup will make a B16 cry.

A20A1
03-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Does anyone remember the link on where to cut the 90-93 integra intake to make it fit?? I been looking for like 3 days and i found everything but that.

Just put it in the best you can... keep it away from the brake lines. cut it where it needs to be cut, you'll see where it needs to be cut after playing with different positions for a while.