PDA

View Full Version : Going to get NOS

franks89sir
08-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Ok i am going to purchase the NX nos system that is universal i am only going to run a 50 shot maybe just a 45 shot so hopefully i get quicker off the line well i probablywill but does anyone here run nos

pimp86LX
08-21-2002, 07:35 PM
go for 45 first. do you have stock internals? you have an lxi so i'm assumeing you have a dry kit?

are you getting a line purge system at all?, it will help keep the consistancy in the delivery,

pric
08-21-2002, 08:32 PM
I don't run N2O but I do have a lot of friends that do. Like pimp86LX said make sure the kit comes with a purge selnoid are you putting on the kit yourself or are you having it put on? Go with the 50. Oh and as far as getting off the line you better invest in better tires if you are thinking of spraying off the line.

89BlackH-Back
08-21-2002, 08:58 PM
fast n furious comes out and now its NOS whatever happened to NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMMIT THE WORD NOS IS ANNOYING lol but yea it will need to be a dry system and install the injector right after the filter on the intake(im assuming you have one) and like pric said you are gonna need a purge valve without one you mind as well not even use the bottle because you wont get a cold shot

OldSchoolSwap
08-21-2002, 08:59 PM
What mods do you have?
Go to my site and dig all the info on N2O it will be helpfull.

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 03:27 AM
yeah oldschool's site really rocks in info ! :super:

MIKE

1988starter
08-22-2002, 05:52 AM
You also might want to invest in a better ignition system

OldSchoolSwap
08-22-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
yeah oldschool's site really rocks in info ! :super:

MIKE Thanks :D
I just finished updating and adding more links on my nitrous page too! Hope it helps you guys out some more.

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
I just finished updating and adding more links on my nitrous page too! Hope it helps you guys out some more.

damn ! now i'll need to download the whole site again ! :p

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
08-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX

damn ! now i'll need to download the whole site again ! :p

MIKE lol! aww shit! your the one taking all my bandwith huh? My site goes down once in a while when too many people get in it.
What do you expect for a site that has over 10k hits :D in less than a year!!

3rdgenSLIMER
08-22-2002, 05:50 PM
not to be mean or anything, in the subject you said you were going to get NOS, then you said in your statement that you were going to get the NX "nos" system. NOS is a brand name. its called nitrous oxide, N2O, or nitrous. get it right next time. and for everyone else that calls it "NOS", DON'T, its freakin annoying.

pric
08-22-2002, 06:00 PM
nos bahahahah j/k

3rdgenSLIMER
08-22-2002, 06:12 PM
fits with your name! haha :flipa:

damackz
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
i am planning to get atleast a 250 shot of nawssssssss u know the big bottles and add a big aluminum wing, a Few NASA stickers and fly to mars!!!! tha first 3 gee in space:super:

Sabz5150
08-22-2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/kris/kris/+junk/dude_nawz.jpg

-5150 :bandit:

89NinjaAccordLX
08-23-2002, 07:53 AM
My Zex NOS fogger dry setup is perfectly synchronized with my turbo spool blowoff timer. I think the exhaust manifold had to be greased and torqued back to specs but time heals all wounds. If you're going with the NX NOS dry setup then make to sure to ignite your timing spark colder than the combustion chamber's bore. Dont want that stroke on your crank to counterbalance the camshaft lobe coefficient of friction. OTHERWISE BOOM! Your direct port nitrous injection will override your standalone fuel management and I'm afraid you'd be sitting on the side of the road playing with your short shifter (*wink*) Jet power, that's the way to go.

OldSchoolSwap
08-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
My Zex NOS fogger dry setup is perfectly synchronized with my turbo spool blowoff timer. I think the exhaust manifold had to be greased and torqued back to specs but time heals all wounds. If you're going with the NX NOS dry setup then make to sure to ignite your timing spark colder than the combustion chamber's bore. Dont want that stroke on your crank to counterbalance the camshaft lobe coefficient of friction. OTHERWISE BOOM! Your direct port nitrous injection will override your standalone fuel management and I'm afraid you'd be sitting on the side of the road playing with your short shifter (*wink*) Jet power, that's the way to go. :confused: :lol You had me going there for a sec! lol I though you were making sence :D
It does sound proffesional though ;) good job!

89accordlxi
08-23-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by 89BlackH-Back
fast n furious comes out and now its NOS whatever happened to NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMMIT THE WORD NOS IS ANNOYING

Dudes, the word nos has been around a lot longer than fast and furious. I remember on like the original nintendo they had those race car games and the cars would have a nos button that you could push for extra boost. That was probably back in the early 90's. The movie only made Nos more familiar to the general public but has been around for many, many years. That's my $.02.

Peace out...

OldSchoolSwap
08-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Your right!
I don't let it bother me.... who cares, i get the point wether the call it NOS, N2O, ZEX, NX, FED EX, UPS, AIR BORN, USPS!!! WHO CARES :D

89accordlxi
08-23-2002, 10:36 PM
Amen!!!!

franks89sir
08-24-2002, 09:47 PM
ok what does the purge kit doo how does it work

OldSchoolSwap
08-26-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by franks89sir
ok what does the purge kit doo how does it work
A purge valve is an extra selenoid in the line that is ment to clear the air in the nitrous lines in order to get a good start off the line and consistent power right from the start.