PDA

View Full Version : Advanced search funtion problem

Legend_master
03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I am trying to search for a problem I am having, so I went to the advanced search function. I typed in the problem and clicked for it to check thread title. It searches for a little bit then is times out and when I reload it jsut reloads the search screen. I tride it in firefox and internet explorer neither of them worked. The regular quick search works fine.

A20A1
03-04-2006, 04:28 PM
not sure why it does that

86AccordLxi
03-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem too. Thanks for bringing this up.

Alex

Legend_master
03-04-2006, 09:23 PM
It driving me nuts, I was trying to figure out the problem I am having with my other 3g. The regular search is not specific enough. I figured out what happen by looking at the dents in the oil pan that were cause from the inside out and oil was comeing through them. I am guessing a bearing went out or something.

A20A1
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
What problem are you having problems finding?

MrBen
03-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I think the search function needs to be re-indexed because it's not specific enough. Not sure why it times out but I will check into it.

Legend_master
03-05-2006, 04:01 AM
What problem are you having problems finding?

Well i figure it out. I spun a rod bearing in my other accord. The oil light dident come on, and when I got the car started it died as soon as I let off the gas. The oil pan is leaking, because there are small holes made from the inside that were caused by soemthing blowing up internally(prob the rod). i will tear it down and fidn the damage later.

87accordlxi
03-13-2006, 01:35 PM
I have switched the search engine from vbulletin-based to MySQL-based. This should provide quicker and more accurate search result. It also fixes the issue with searching thread titles.