PDA

View Full Version : oil pump and crank pulley

cahil_1
03-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Well I am trying to figure out my problems and I am curenty trying to get the timing cover off and get to the oil pump, When I last posted I was hearing alot of clanking and my oil light was coming on totally full of oil. So I think it may have shot bearings. What do you guys think????:wtf:

Plus anybody have a good trick for getting that crank pully off I don't have access to the air tools where I am fixing my car. Any good hints or tricks.:toilet:

88Accord-DX
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Never heard of oil pumps making noises, they ( 86-89 Accord) usually wear out with to much clearance on the rotary vanes.

Search under "crank bolt", there are plenty of threads on getting the crank pulley bolt loose.
You can have a friend wedge a screwdriver to hold the flywheel through the peep hole on the transmission case.
You can put some heat to the bolt too with small propane torch, will help loosen it up. Use at least 1/2 breaker bar. Might need a cheater bar on it also, at least 2 1/2 feet.

AZmike
03-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Nylon rope in the cylinder through the spark plug hole worked for me when my impact wrench couldn't get the crank bolt loose.

cahil_1
03-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Well i figured out how i will get the pulley off I am gonna make a custom tool.