PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheel steering??

military mase
03-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Was wonder if anyone has looked into 4 wheel steering suspension off a 3rd gen lude. It just another little thing that would help in cornering and would be good for autox guys?? A buddy of mine kinda just brought it up yesterday cuz he used to have a 3rd gen 4ws lude and asked about could it be fitted to our cars.

EvilPenciler
03-17-2006, 05:42 AM
I'm sure we could figure something out =p

A20A1
03-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Good info on the 4ws system
http://www.prelude3.com/Misc/Brochures/brochures.htm

reanimator420
03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
thats cool my uncle is selling his 4ws. they are great cars

'A20A3'
03-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I brought this up a long time ago and everyone shot me down, saying it couldn't be done affordably, blah blah blah...:wtf:

spnrx
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I brought this up a long time ago and everyone shot me down, saying it couldn't be done affordably, blah blah blah...:wtf:

...Wow

Anyways cool beans if you attempt keep us up to date I would be very interested to see how you make out. Good luck

'A20A3'
03-21-2006, 06:00 PM
...Wow

Dude for real, lay off. I've seen you're other posts and you being a smart-ass isn't necessary. Don't start with me.

HondaBoy
03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
haha. but yeah. i dont think its worth doing compared to just upgrading your suspension parts and components. to me, i'd think doing the 4WS would be a hoe and a half to get to work right. but, you can do it and show us and we'll give you props to no avail. that'd be interesting to see someone actually adapt it. too bad not all things from preludes and accords are interchangeable.

military mase
03-22-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm not gonna put it on mine, my suspension is already set up. A buddy that lives across the street from me use to have a 4ws lude and was wondering were the suspension parts even moderatly close to the same. He said he's beatin a couple of cars like a mustange racing down hairpin curved road just because of the 4ws. He said it would be a good Autox car. Hey a20a3 i must not have been around when you bought up this subject.

'A20A3'
03-22-2006, 02:26 PM
I know I'm not trying to get you down on it or anything cause all I've heard is good things about the 4WS system. I'm just disappointed that it's not easily accomplished...

guaynabo89
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm not gonna put it on mine, my suspension is already set up. A buddy that lives across the street from me use to have a 4ws lude and was wondering were the suspension parts even moderatly close to the same. He said he's beatin a couple of cars like a mustange racing down hairpin curved road just because of the 4ws. He said it would be a good Autox car. Hey a20a3 i must not have been around when you bought up this subject.

The rear subframe is completely different plus theres a rod that goes through the body taht connects the rear rack with the front.

waste of time really. could get better results on a good suspenion setup with good tires.

would be interstingg to see though.