PDA

View Full Version : slider to push button conversion

newaccorddriver
03-06-2006, 12:21 AM
before i get flamed at ive already searched this topic and i havent been able to find any info on converting my sliders into push buttons on my climate control. im pretty sure a few of you here have done it already so theres gotta be some info about this conversion.

ive also read that only the lx and the lxi models have the sliders. well, i own an 86 exi(canadian model) and ive got sliders in it, not sure why though as ive seen plenty of cars in the junkyard that arent exi's in the junkyard with push button controls. mainly the lx models i think, but im just curious as to why my exi doesnt have push buttons on it. was it an option back then?

EDIT: just took a look at my controls, the only button it has on there is the recirculation button, too bad it wasnt equipped with AC...

SteveDX89
03-06-2006, 03:16 AM
In the US, the only one with the sliders is the DX. LX, LX-i, and SE-i had the push buttons. I converted my DX to push buttons. All I did was swap out the heater core and stuck the buttons in and plugged it in. Works fine. Of course, I converted to fuel injection at the same time so the wiring was all there. If the wiring is not there for you, you'll have to do it yourself.

newaccorddriver
03-06-2006, 09:59 AM
ive been looking at the factory service manual. can i just get the function control motor and push buttons? and when you swapped it in, would you have been able to do it anyways if you didnt do the fuel injection swap?

EDIT: been looking over the manuals picture a bit more, it seens the only different between the slider and the push buttons on the unit is just the function control. ive also looked on hondaautomotiveparts and the picture between the LXI and the DX is the same, but the parts they actually list are different. mainly the function controller. also, i might need a new amplifier as the DX one is a different number. so theres a possibility i might need a new harness for it as well... is there a simple way to take out the dash pieces so i can easily get those parts when i get to the junkyard?