PDA

View Full Version : 89lxi tranny/clutch and pressure plate

sjsjbb
03-06-2006, 05:42 AM
have rebuilt tranny 5th and syncro rings. problem is i have put in 4 clutch and pressure plates since 10/05. starts out fine but within 2-3 thous. miles my pedel goes from good to verry soft when pressing. was going to mountains yesterday when i pushed clutch in and it stuck to floor lifted it up with my foot and shifted it stuck again.. took and screwed in cable adjuster nut and i can shift so so.. i am about out of threads on cable now. i only have 2500 miles on this clutch and plate. seems like pressure plate is not releaseing.. these clutch and pressure plates are from auto zone .lifetime replacement. but not my labor.any sugestions on weather i should go to honda for one or another place that might have a heavey duty one everything is stock. tks have to tear out today so help fast will look around here and internet for places

shepherd79
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Autozone clutches suck ass. I had to replace mine 2 times before i got a good one that works alright.
I would call around some other places. Advance Auto, Pep boys, and even Honda dealer.

sjsjbb
03-06-2006, 09:26 AM
tks for info i will call around . let u all know