PDA

View Full Version : 3geezum crow

HondaManDan
08-21-2002, 09:24 PM
alrighty then. i think im getting sick of the challanges that my 3g is giving me. i cant do anything to it/with it and it's getting very annoying. anyone wanna buy a car?
88'LX Sedan Carbed 2bbl. A20A1 2.oL. 96k Mint condition.. has new axles, new ball joints, new control arm links, new tires, new shocks, great paint had Diamond Coating since new and still shines beautifly, it's that off-silver color.. kinda looks beige in one light and silver in another... it's a four door automatic... timing belt has 20k on it, just been serviced, just had tranny flushed and filled, just had radiator flushed, new heater hoses, new radiator hoses, new belts all new filters. Strong engine. 2nd owner.. my gramma used to own it. car has 200k left in it. only rust is on the rear drivers wheel well and it's not showing really.. just kinda bubbled a little. other than that the interior is maroony brown, not faded much, perfect material, no tears, no stretching, no rips or holes. has complete jack and lug wrench with a full sized spare.
im gonna ask for about $2500... that's highly negotiable... but i've put about 1000 into the thing and i got it for free. so.. take it or leave it.
My e-mail is [email protected] and i live in Athol Massachusetts for you local guyz. so e-mail me and lemme hear from ya.
Thanks.

A20A1
08-21-2002, 09:58 PM
What challenges?

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 03:25 AM
i think he mean fixing it ! :D

MIKE

HondaManDan
08-22-2002, 03:49 PM
no i mean it's a perfectly fine car.. im just sick of the fact that there are NO AFTERMARKET PARTS that are affordable and well Ricey enough for my car... sorry but im the kind of guy who wants an eclipse with the big aluminum wing... thank god for Fast and the Furious.. so im just gonna sell it and get something i can work with.. i mean i can tell that A LOT of guys on this post like to tinker and work through these little challenges.. but not me.. i like to buy it, take it out of the box, and bolt the shit on. so yeah. anyone want a car?

shepherd79
08-22-2002, 03:55 PM
well everybody wants that kind stuff. but i don't think you can just bolt on stuff. you still have to mess around to tune up or you car will run like shit.

HondaManDan
08-22-2002, 03:59 PM
i think everyone is missing the point here. i've already found my new car. it's a 93 Civic Ex, no rust, pretty nice, came with a dohc non v-tec in it so im gonna swap heads and throw in a cold air and a DC cat back with headders... gonna run me around 2000 for the car and aournd 1500 in mods. so now i need to sell it :). there is nothing wrong with the thing god.. why do people think im seedy.. you guys are very condecending towards me.. bastards.. jk.. but if ya wanna see pics go to www.geocities.com/silverado99_01/88accord.html the pics are from last december.. when i didnt have the car on the road.. i've only had it on the road since may 19th. 96k aint a bad deal.

pric
08-22-2002, 04:28 PM
i've already found my new car. it's a 93 Civic Ex, no rust, pretty nice, came with a dohc non v-tec

The 93 Ex came with a SOHC VTEC. D16Z6 to be exact. If it is a DOHC non-VTEC some one has done a motor swap. Could be a ZC D16Ax. If the x=6 it is from 88-91 civic si/crx si 108 hp @ 6000 & 100trq @ 5000 with 7100 rpm redline. If the x=8,9 it could be from a JDM from the same car's or a 90-93 Integra ls/rs 137 hp @ 6800 & 108trq @ 5700 with 7200 redline.

Oh and if I lived closer I would be intrested, sorry.

Neuspeed87lx
08-22-2002, 06:18 PM
you will be happy with your civic ....i love the aftermarket support they have for mine ... the only thing im not happy with is the d series motor in my dx....but that will change soon :)
i hear what your saying with your accord....i used to have an 87 lx ...well i still have it but i dont drive it ... and i got real sick with the lack of support ...

HondaManDan
08-22-2002, 08:34 PM
yeah turns out it was a motor swap out of a 91 Integra... so cudos to me :) that's not a bad engine. the stock o has 190k on it but apparantly the engine in it only has around 80k.. so it's not even broken in. the guy said it's been sitting in his garage since 98 and he had a garage in springfield ma. put the motor in. used to be the dude's mom's. i've driven it.. shifts nice.. real clean. im seriously thinkin of splurging and buying it. i talked him down to about 1700 because it doesnt have a sterio.. hubcaps.. front passangerside headlight and blinker, nor does it have the stock lip under the front bumper. plus it's not an origional motor.. so yeah car's only worth about 2000 bucks. im just gonna put some engine mods and LIGHT exterior work on it... it's gonna be and under cover runner. like them old moon shiners cars.. (dukes of hazzard) might not look like much.. but it's got it where it counts. it's blue.. so i think i'll keep the color and put some white rims on it.nothin too special.. gotta stop dreaming now and start selling my car... SERIOUSLY THOUGH... anyone want it? 2000 bucks...

HondaManDan
08-22-2002, 08:38 PM
oh and to pric the motor number is infact D16A8. i had to scratch off some corrosion where the number imprint was... but that's what it is...so you say it has 137hp? i thought it felt stronger than my A20A1 but not THAT much stronger... what's the A20 got stock? only around 100 isnt it? (considering mines carbed) probably less than 100hp.

HondaManDan
08-23-2002, 01:21 PM
anyone?

Mike's89AccordLX
08-23-2002, 01:28 PM
You can put a big alluminum wing on a 3G. I would rather have Carbon Fiber for about a $100 more. Keep the car! :crying:

pric
08-23-2002, 03:04 PM
what's the A20 got stock? only around 100 isnt it? (considering mines carbed) probably less than 100hp.

The A20A1 has 98 hp @ 5500 plus the gears are not as low as the ZC's and the civic is lighter.

Do some simple mods like custom CAI/H/E and that civic will be a in the low 15's

TeamAGR
09-01-2002, 01:14 PM
man I hate those aluminum wings, that is such a poser piece to throw on your car, and in a front wheel drive car it has no purpose, theyre for the RWD Supra's,300's and RX-7's