PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Noise (4th Gear Whine)

JFreddy
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
K, this happened to me just tonight. I shifted into fourth gear and it started to make a whining sound when pressing on the gas. it did the same in fifth too, not so much in the lower gears or at least not enough to hear anyways.

Drained tranny oil, and it was full of metal shavings.... it looked like a sweet silver paint job.:wtf: I donno it doesnt look good... and this is a 50 thousand km tranny too, I just had my old one replaced with this one about 2 months ago.! argh! and to top it off it looked like it was leaking from the drivers side axle seal.... any ideas??? what went wrong inside or how to fix?

JFreddy
03-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Forget it.... this transmission is fubarred. which is shitty considering im stil paying it off... cas its only 50 thousand km's old when i bought it... and it cost 800$. This is the second transmission in 3 months... and im not even driving it hard.... F*CK!!!!! sory just had to let out frustation... I'm thinking of giving up on the 3gee...

B16KILLA
03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Dont give up! Just get the tranny rebuilt instead of getting these mystery trannies that your paying WAY too much for.

newaccorddriver
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
i feel your pain... when my automatic went, i did a 5 speed swap. all was fine for about a month, although the car literally moved less then 1km on the tranny until the final time i had to move it, it grinded and wouldnt let me in any gear at all. i drained the oil, and a bunch of sand was in it(probably due to me picking a tranny without a drain plug on it). i replaced that one with my current one, and its already leaking oil in the mid section of it, so ill probably have to go get another one soon. i guess its good knowing that i only paid $100 for the mystery tranny that comes with a 90 day warrenty. too bad the warrenty long expired before my first manual tranny went or even went in the car at that matter.

if i were you, id just to to a self serve junkyard and pay like $100 for a tranny. they might or might not last long, but atleast for a $100, if it lasts me a couple months thats fine, if it lasts me a decade, even better. and $800 for a mystery tranny is way too much even if it only had 50,000km. it could have been driven by a new guy that grinded all the gears all day long