PDA

View Full Version : HELP 87 Honda Accord LX Problems

azazel_18_2
03-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I recently added a carbed 87 accord lx. Timing belt had never been replaced so I replaced it. I replaced cap, rotor, spark plug wires, and (Bosch) spark plugs. Other than that I haven't did anything to it YET. First off I'm not sure how to set the timing. Where you check the timing has a bunch of marks, no numbers or letters or anything. Just red and green lines. I set it on the green. It runs great at idle and all the way to 6200 rpm. When it gets warm it idles fine til you try to take off and it will hesitate and sometimes die. Could this be the bosch spark plugs? My valves out of adjustment? Also, I changed BOTH fuel filters even though they looked like they had been changed. Or do I not have it in time correctly. HELP!!!!!!!!

azazel_18_2
03-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Also, it has an automatic transmission :(

theDougler
03-08-2006, 12:40 PM
i think you might have to set you idle screw thats on the carb in more

azazel_18_2
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Right now it idles at like 890. It needs to be higher? It idles fine until I give it gas then it sputters a little.

A20A1
03-08-2006, 06:22 PM
BOSCH may or may not be the problem... I adjusted my timing and got a new ignition coil so I don't think the BOSCH is causing me any problems...

Unlike some other plugs I don't think the BOSCH is the right heat range for our motor... the LX/DX use different heat range plugs than the LX-I (EFI) motor. Well they have a different part number when you look at the NGK site.
Anyways the wrong heat range can cause the plugs to foul. BOSCH, there is no different heat range we can select so we are stuck with the EFI ones.

There is a how to somewhere that will help you set your timing.

azazel_18_2
03-10-2006, 07:38 AM
I said to hell with the bosch and got some NGK V power plugs and it runs great. Thanks everybody!!