PDA

View Full Version : Oil In Intake Manifold ?

onebad4
08-21-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm in the process of doing a full tune up to my 88 Honda Lxi. And since this car had beening stopped for almost a year from the previous owner. I started checking all the parts when I take off the air filter to my surprise i found oil on the bottom of the air filter box. Anybody know what this might be? I've heard that it might be my PCV and when I looked for it where it's suppose to be its not there like they bypassed can this cause this much oil in my air filter. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

pimp86LX
08-21-2002, 10:19 PM
pcv goes through a filter i think. wether its the airbox or a separate filter i'm not sure but that could be it. how much oil are you getting? it shouldn't be a lot

get a hayes and check out the emission control systems chapter

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 03:33 AM
PCV valve broken of PCV filter all soacked with oil !( use a little foam instead ! it's in the square box attached to the air box !

MIKE

onebad4
08-22-2002, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys. The oil drips from the throttle body on to the air filter box. Its a pretty good amount. But i've notice that it only did it after i started using it for quite a while cause i check right after i got home from using it like for 45 minutes and the oil in the intake was fresh. Doesn't the PCV located between the intake manifold and the valve cover? It doesn't seem to be there the hose is there but no PCV its connect straight. Nothing else can cause this right ?

1988starter
08-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Replace your PCV because on our stock intake tubing the valve cover vacume tube is above the U tube that means when little air is sucked through the throttle body then the oil could drip down into the box. Also you might want to clean your TB

ACCORD EX
08-22-2002, 12:09 PM
check the Faq's on the PCV location ! :D

MIKE

smufguy
08-22-2002, 01:17 PM
and also, check to see if you have right amount of oil in your car, some ppl dump two more quarts to make it 'run smoother'. Dumbasses.