PDA

View Full Version : wow, how sad am i

newaccorddriver
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
i spent roughly 5 hours at the junkyard today, and ive realized the only thing i really did was rip out the dashboard of an accord.

originally i went there to get the push button heater controls, pedal assembly out of an 89(cause it has the neutral safety switch in it), the function motor for the heater unit, and the heater amplifier.

long story short, the only thing i didnt get was the heater amplifier cause i couldnt get the heater unit out... the sad thing is i spent about 2 hours trying to get it out when there was really just 2 bolts in the engine compartment that were holding it in place...

also, i tried taking out the dashboard, instead i ended up ripping it in half(literally) because i didnt notice there was a bolt holding it before the clock. i was quite brutual to that accord, ive be more gentle to my accord though when i install those things

MessyHonda
03-09-2006, 05:10 PM
that sucks...thats why they made manuals... I want some push button heater controls...can i still put them even tho i have like thoes lever ones?

Deadhead
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
That is what the junkyards are for. To rip things apart and break stuff so you don't break it on your car first.

So now you know how to pull it off, so therefore you can do it faster.

newaccorddriver
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
That is what the junkyards are for. To rip things apart and break stuff so you don't break it on your car first.

So now you know how to pull it off, so therefore you can do it faster.

faster and the correct way atleast. such a shame i didnt get the final part of it though

newaccorddriver
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
that sucks...thats why they made manuals... I want some push button heater controls...can i still put them even tho i have like thoes lever ones?

ill let you know in a bit, ive got the wiring harness that plugs into it, and its a nightmare to deal with. im not even sure if im im supposed to use all of it or just part of it cause i was looking at the accord wiring diagram. trial and error i guess. im separating the whole harness now do i only have what i need rather then reqire my whole car

AccordEpicenter
03-09-2006, 08:52 PM
take a helms with you next time, itll save your ass. That or just break shit until you figure out how it comes apart (not good if there arent 25000 parts like it so you can get a good one when you know how to get it apart)

newaccorddriver
03-10-2006, 12:22 AM
take a helms with you next time, itll save your ass. That or just break shit until you figure out how it comes apart (not good if there arent 25000 parts like it so you can get a good one when you know how to get it apart)

i remember seeing a tape holder in a 3g when i was still taking out my transmission for the swap. regardless it was wrecked the moment i stepped into the car to take the shifter console. now i regret that decision cause seeing one of those is slim to nil and i kinda want one...

the helms definetly will help me, but i was looking at how to replace the heater unit earlier, and in one step it has 'remove the dashboard'. it doesnt even list the steps(its probably in another chapter). i guess i know how to take it apart now in a more civilized manner. ill be going back for a second harness cause i doubt my factory harness would work with the push buttons, and i cut the shit out of the one i bought today. i guess ill be having fun dealing with the pain of doing it to my own car when i put the stuff in. the factory service manual i have listen the diagram for how the push button controls and everything are plugged together, but its nowhere close to that, the service manual points out how it basically is. i guess ill be having a fun time doing the push button swap. i should make a how-to on this if anybody really cares, cause it looks easy, and ill hopefully be putting in a neutral safety switch at the same time(i took the 89 pedal assembly which has the switch and such in it).

anybody here know if the 89 heater harness is compatible with the 86 heater harness? the only difference is the push button compared to sliders.