PDA

View Full Version : cabin harness capatabilities

newaccorddriver
03-09-2006, 07:43 PM
does anybody know if the harness that plugs into the heater blower and the push button controls and such are compatible with those that came with lever style controls? just curious cause i went to the junkyard today and ive got the wire that plugs into the control unit and a bunch of other things like the radio and such, and it just seems pointless to cut it all up(althought i might do it if its possible) and wire everything separately

VTEC_Inside
03-10-2006, 01:40 AM
The push button cars have a motor on the actual vent assembly that moves corresponding to what button you push. Did you pick up the motor as well?

In any event, I don't think its going ot be worth the trouble to do the conversion.

newaccorddriver
03-10-2006, 09:32 AM
i was looking at the wiring diagram and the conversion looked pretty straight forward. i picked up the motor, going back for the amplifier and already got the controls. the wiring harness i picked up i really only need the harness for the controls, but the problem is when i cut up all the tape, it ended up being a big mess where wires from the control led everywhere else. so im wondering if i can just replace the eentire harness.