PDA

View Full Version : Lights dont work

FyreDaug
03-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Alright, last week on friday I cracked up my car. Busted up a headlight and side markers/signal light and stuff. No metal damage luckily. So I replaced all the broken crap with parts from my other car and everything is good to go (except for hood, which ill do later... irrelavant nonetheless) and I have no lights. Both headlights work and the rear signal lights work/reverse lights and front bumper signals. However, the side markers and the front running lights and rear running lights dont work. Same with interior cluster.

I quickly looked over the fuses, but none of them were blown (from what I can tell) and I checked the fuses under the hood. I manged to fix my clock not workin though :)

Anyone know which fuse it is? This similar problem happened to me before on my other car and I know it was a fuse under the panel, but the fuses look fine. Maybe its a light break and I couldnt actually see it. Thanks.

FyreDaug
03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
bit of an update, pulled each fuse out and tested continuity, turns out the 15 was bad for the tail lights fuse. Lights are good but the side turn signals dont work....

TheWatcher
03-10-2006, 06:28 PM
bit of an update, pulled each fuse out and tested continuity, turns out the 15 was bad for the tail lights fuse. Lights are good but the side turn signals dont work....
Take fuse(s) of the correct rating that are KNOWN to work and use them to test the fuse(s) for the sidemarkers, etc. This is very basic troubleshooting.

If the fuse(s) test okay, then you need to break out the multimeter and start checking for a short somewhere.

BTW, make sure the bulbs you're using work.

Peace.

halxi
03-10-2006, 06:42 PM
theres also a grey box under the center console behind the radio/head unit that controls the door ding/side markers...

might of came unplugged or something, check into it.