PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest for custom made parts for 3g

blownoffvalve
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I got some request from some people to make a few things. But cost is a factor and not just one member can pay for tooling and manufacturing cost. So to help some of you guys out. PM or Post what you would like to be made that haven't been out yet. Eyelids, carbon door sill, Cooling plate, Carbon fuse covers etc.. Anything that is small and easy to do. I'll edit and list all the recommendations on this first post and in a week or so I'll have a vote to see for the most voted custom modification and submit it to the manufacturer to have it produced. Hope this helps. From previous requests, I'll start off the list here:

1. Carbon Eyelids
2. Clock Bezel
3. Front Grill
4. Gauge Pod for A pillar or Dash
5. Short Shifter
6. Strut Bar
7. Headlight Trim
8. Lip
9. Shift Knob

* Thank you HostileJava for updating the list.

reanimator420
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
carbon oem bumper

A20A1
03-10-2006, 05:32 PM
carbon oem bumper

I think he wanted small parts... An OEM bumper in carbon will cost just as much as a carbon fiber hood, maybe more. If you're going that route might as well make a full carbon front end, 1 piece that includes hood fenders and bumper, just like how track cars have them.

3gn86lxi
03-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Ohhhh, carbon eyelids would be cool. I would do those. How about the bezel around the clock?

EricW
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I like the eyelids, but are you going to do the small trim piece on the grill also since the one on the 86-87 is removable from the grill.

How about an A pillar triple guage pod or one to go on the dash in front of the clock.

ZackieDarko
03-10-2006, 10:27 PM
SHORTSHIFTER :)

or

strut tower bars :)

or both

MessyHonda
03-10-2006, 10:36 PM
how about some window cranks for the ppl like me that dont have power windows

halxi
03-10-2006, 10:43 PM
i think carbon headlight hosings would be better IMO, that way it flows with a carbon hood, and you dont have mismatched corners/grille, with just the eyelid pieces.

personally CF is a picky subject for me

its basically all or nothin for me... but thats just my opinion

(all would be: cf hood, lip, trunk deck, mirrors)

granted, i wouldnt mind a CF hood... but im on a semi tight budget for appearence items

88accordhb
03-10-2006, 10:51 PM
new car....

3gn86lxi
03-10-2006, 11:20 PM
i think carbon headlight hosings would be better IMO, that way it flows with a carbon hood, and you dont have mismatched corners/grille, with just the eyelid pieces.
personally CF is a picky subject for me
its basically all or nothin for me... but thats just my opinion
(all would be: cf hood, lip, trunk deck, mirrors)
granted, i wouldnt mind a CF hood... but im on a semi tight budget for appearence items
How about some sort of a lip???

mkymonkey
03-11-2006, 04:08 AM
eyelids, the outer part of the headlight housing, headlight trim and grille. oh oh oh and how about the cover that black piece that surrounds the headlight.

accordrollingon18z
03-11-2006, 04:25 AM
i have done carbon eyelids and clock bezel and ive also done the black trim going up the door beside the window all look great and grey cars and carbon fiber go well

HostileJava
03-11-2006, 08:23 AM
You guys were supposed to continue on with the list so it was in a nice readable fasion for him :)

1. Carbon Eyelids
2. Clock Bezel
3. Front Grill
4. Gauge Pod for A pillar or Dash
5. Short Shifter
6. Strut Bar
7. Headlight Trim
8. Lip

Before you go through this whole process of submitting it to the manufacturer and everything you should get at least a few members to commit to buying them along with giving them pricing(doesn't have to be exact), and getting a deposit for each item. Not that I don't trust the members on this site, but I've seen how things like this have gone bad before.

b8er
03-11-2006, 11:29 AM
i am all for a lip, a nice lip made for our cars would be awsome, im saying right now im commitied to buying a lip if they were made, so count me in

B16KILLA
03-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I agree if you were to make a very tasteful lip I'd buy it for sure along with struts bars,headlight trim:)

3gn86lxi
03-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Me too for sure with the lip. Something like a Teg lip......nothing fancy. That would be tight.

ghettogeddy
03-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Me too for sure with the lip. Something like a Teg lip......nothing fancy. That would be tight.
in that case front, side and rear lips would be great

blownoffvalve
03-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I think he wanted small parts... An OEM bumper in carbon will cost just as much as a carbon fiber hood, maybe more. If you're going that route might as well make a full carbon front end, 1 piece that includes hood fenders and bumper, just like how track cars have them.

This is true A20A1. The cost of carbon is going up. With smaller projects it'll be more affordable for everyone. Thanks for understanding

88Accord-DX
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Ok, how about a shift nob to go with the short shifter.

Lots of hype threads in the past of stuff like this. Not many pan out with good results. They all end up in the :toilet: ....

Lockleaf
03-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The subject of headlight housings has been brought up so many time since the introduction of the cf hood that it would be guaranteed sale to tons of the guys with cf hoods. The lip would do awesome as well, seeing as our styling options are outdated or reproduced bodykits or screwing around with the teg lip. If you have the money to make like five of each yourself and then just post them up for sale, you'll get your buyers, and fast. The problem with seeking interest is that yes it is there, but today I have $100 dollars that I want to spend on cf, but next week my carb blows up so now i have to back out. If it's available now, then I buy it and borrow my bro's car until I can fix the carb. But at least you sold the cf.

A18A
03-13-2006, 01:59 AM
well i havnt read all that yet but this is a bit of a big one, carbon fibre doors would be good, these doors are heavy. but something small from the top of my head is CF mirrors? prolly just some lame idea as mirrors are light anyways

crazykamper
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
i would have to say the cooling plate (some of us like higher speeds. hahahaha). i would also like to see some carbon fibre headlight trim ( the grayish plastic crap... to match with the hood , sorda. lol....)
Short shifter for sure, lips, strut tower bars... basically, anything and everything that u can find for any other car almost on the market, but not for our cars! lol.

reanimator420
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
lips and lips and also cf headlightcovers

crazykamper
06-09-2006, 10:00 AM
^ that works too. lol.

ghettogeddy
06-09-2006, 10:59 AM
cf radiator support and front grill

blownoffvalve
06-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Hello guys. I need to know what you guys all want to agree on. I can't make everything. Molds costs a lot of money. If you guys really want some stuff made you gotta all agree on something. Thanks

LiTtLe xOx BitT
06-09-2006, 11:34 PM
I would love to get some things made of c/f. A lip wouldn't help me though because i have a body kit. I would buy anything really, mirrors, trunk lid, headlight covers, ect.

mkymonkey
06-10-2006, 02:03 AM
i think everyone would agree on headlight covers and lips

reanimator420
06-10-2006, 02:57 AM
agreed upon lips b/c i love our bumpers and it would be nice to have a fitting lip finally

gfrg88
06-10-2006, 07:35 AM
what about the strut bars?? definately count me in for the strut bars, i think everyone on here would definately get those. and the cf trim pieces would be nice too

reanimator420
06-10-2006, 10:18 AM
yeah that would be cool but you cant buy a perfect fitting lip unless its oem and you know how that goes plus a lip sorta like bullard posted (scion) on our car would be the sex

lostforawhile
06-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I like the eyelids, but are you going to do the small trim piece on the grill also since the one on the 86-87 is removable from the grill.
How about an A pillar triple guage pod or one to go on the dash in front of the clock.
all the eyeid pieces are two piece,not just 86-87 one small piece is on the grill,the other piece is on the light door

lostforawhile
06-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I have a suggestion,someone suggested mirrors,which would be a lot of work and parts,but what about some carbon fiber caps that would fit over the back side of the mirrors, they would look nice and wouldn't be hard to make. also what in the heck is a cooling plate?

blownoffvalve
06-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Ok guys this is what I have in mind. The headlight eyebrows would be ideal since it is something small to start off with. This way you guys can check out the work and quality before we move onto other parts like LIPS etc.

If someone can sketch out the design they want in porportions to the headlights and post it on here to see what everyone would agree on.

Then I would need someone like MKYMONKEY or someone in southern california near-by to get the actual cut out test fitted then I'll have a few parts produced for prototype and get it test fitted. Once everything is good then they'll be available for everyone else.

gfrg88
06-10-2006, 01:44 PM
whrere in socal are you?? im in socal too, so if you need to test on a car, i could stop by and even let you use the eyelids on my car to get some measures from :deal:

mkymonkey
06-10-2006, 01:58 PM
or could i or even the rest of the guys from socal. if youre going to make eyelids...i have some extra ones. and i think i have a pair of the headlight covers as well. let me know

blownoffvalve
06-11-2006, 04:20 PM
or could i or even the rest of the guys from socal. if youre going to make eyelids...i have some extra ones. and i think i have a pair of the headlight covers as well. let me know

Hey MKYMONKEY... if you already have some made. Take some pictures of them installed and email them to me or post them and see what everyone says about them. If they are good and everyone likes them then we'll work something out.

gfrg88
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
oh i just thought of something else you could do, the bumper inserts for our cars in cf, but the ones that i have that are kinda like a scoop. the socal guys now what im talking about. ill try and get some pics up of how they look.

EricW
06-11-2006, 07:18 PM
oh i just thought of something else you could do, the bumper inserts for our cars in cf, but the ones that i have that are kinda like a scoop. the socal guys now what im talking about. ill try and get some pics up of how they look.

I forgot about those. That is a great idea, better than most of the others(the scoops that is).

They would work for brake ducts or intakes.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
intank manafold that would be nice

Gemini2003
06-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I would really really really like to see a full set of carbon fiber suspension stiffening components like what almost everyone said strut tower braces would be cool front and rear... Anti-Roll bars are for the underside right?

reanimator420
06-12-2006, 02:46 AM
yeah the bumper inserts would be a great and easy idea. i would def want to buy

mkymonkey
06-12-2006, 05:38 AM

you mean the ones i gave you! hahahaha

those WOULD be sick though

blownoffvalve
06-12-2006, 11:10 AM
you mean the ones i gave you! hahahaha

those WOULD be sick though

I'm just waiting on the pictures from him to see if it is something to be made in carbon.

blownoffvalve
06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm still waiting for the pictures for the eyelids you guys are talking about. Anyone has pictures of these just email them to me [email protected]

Thanks

3gn86lxi
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm still waiting for the pictures for the eyelids you guys are talking about. Anyone has pictures of these just email them to me [email protected]
Thanks
I think this is what the guys are talking about. The lower portion of the headlight.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/3gn86lxi/DCFC0229.jpg
Or the entire headlight cover!!!!! It does just bolt on.

crazykamper
06-27-2006, 06:26 PM
thats the thing im talkin bout ^, the part right under the headlight. the grayish colored trim crap....

frantik
06-27-2006, 08:54 PM
another vote for upper front strut tower bar

mkymonkey
06-27-2006, 09:28 PM
when i said eyelids i really meant the trim that goes on the headlights as well as the grill. or you could just make the buckets for the headlights. i mean its just a 20 degree angle piece of sheet metal that goes over the headlights to make them flush with the hood. it would look great so the pop ups wouldnt stand out so much when we put on a cf hood.

3gn86lxi
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah, my vote is for the whole pop up headlight piece. That would look tight with my cf hood.

reanimator420
06-28-2006, 08:11 AM
where is the progress of any of this stuff? are we still in the deciding part? i have not see nothing yet :wtf:

mkymonkey
06-28-2006, 08:23 AM
chill nigga...shit takes time!:D

Gemini2003
06-28-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd throw a vote in for the entire head light skin...

but I'm really pulling for the suspension stiffening parts!

reanimator420
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
headlight skins is fine, headlight trim, hell bumper inserts would even work. idcare

blownoffvalve
06-29-2006, 12:52 PM
At the moment. No one is really voting on anything. Just all the parts are up in the air. But I guess the best start would be doing the headlight cover. The part on the bottom of the headlight when it is in the closed position.

3gn86lxi
06-29-2006, 10:21 PM
At the moment. No one is really voting on anything. Just all the parts are up in the air. But I guess the best start would be doing the headlight cover. The part on the bottom of the headlight when it is in the closed position.
No, do the whole headlight cover. No seam, just one solid piece of cf. You know, the metal piece and the trim included....one solid piece.

mkymonkey
06-29-2006, 10:34 PM
but then we wouldnt have our lil cool grill that goes all the way around and ties into the corner lights. what would we do about the center piece of the grill. i mean we would have to have new hoods fabed up to close the gap of the grill i dunno...would look weird. i say just the skin part of the headlights. i mean the trim could be painted any freaking color you want. i painted mine grey and it matches perfect with my smoked out jdm corners. i like the grill and headlight trim.

./----|............H...........|----\
|-----|-\____________/-|-----|
--------------------------------
---[.....]--------.-------[.....]---

crazykamper
06-30-2006, 04:54 PM
i say strut tower bars now that someone mentioned it, i would love to see some of those made.

basically, anything that can be made, go head and make it, cause 3gz can use it! lol.