PDA

View Full Version : drivers door power window doesnt always wanna move

newaccorddriver
03-10-2006, 08:30 PM
for some reason, whenever i try to open my drivers side window, it always takes alot of trys(and force on the switch) to get it to open. all the other windows open and close properly. does anybody know whats wrong or what needs to be replaced?

3gn86lxi
03-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Try lubeing up the track. Where the window rides in when rolling up and down.
The rubber gets dry and "grabs" the window making it hard to open or close.
I would try that first.

newaccorddriver
03-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Try lubeing up the track. Where the window rides in when rolling up and down.
The rubber gets dry and "grabs" the window making it hard to open or close.
I would try that first.

i doubt its the tracks, but ill give it a shot. the thing is, whenever i try to open up the window, it doesnt really wanna work, but when it works, the window moves flawlessly

3gn86lxi
03-10-2006, 11:07 PM
i doubt its the tracks, but ill give it a shot. the thing is, whenever i try to open up the window, it doesnt really wanna work, but when it works, the window moves flawlessly
I'd say it is the motor then........

newaccorddriver
03-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I'd say it is the motor then........

possibly is the motor, is there a possibly its the controls?

3gn86lxi
03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
possibly is the motor, is there a possibly its the controls?
Less likely than the motor. Especially if it seems to be an intermittent problem. I just had to do a motor in a Caddilac......intermittent problem. New motor fixed it.

newaccorddriver
03-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Less likely than the motor. Especially if it seems to be an intermittent problem. I just had to do a motor in a Caddilac......intermittent problem. New motor fixed it.

oh, in that case ill start with the motor. thats for the advice/suggestion:wave:

Mac
03-12-2006, 09:07 AM
It could be a bad switch.

w261w261
03-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I'd vote for either a dirty switch or the window controller, which is accessed by taking off the door panel. The window controller has a couple of relays in it, which control the automatic drop when the window is opened. When the relay points begin to get dirty, they don't make contact and the window will intermittently not work right. A new one costs $100+ from the dealer, or you can get one out of a wreck. installing is easy, just unbolt the brackets and plug in two plugs. While you're into the door, you might as well clean the switch contacts too. The driver's door window has the most problems because that's the one that's used the most.

When you are taking the door panel off, start with the speaker mounting screws. And don't miss the little screw behind a circular plug on the face of the panel, towards the front, closer to the bottom. The armrest has 3 screws in it. Then get the screws around the perimeter. Finally, get a door panel remover from an auto store to help pop off the panel from the plugs in the bottom of the door frame, or do it carefully with a screwdriver. When you ift off the door panel, start at the rear end of the top and get that loose. Then lift up and towards the rear a bit, because the front of the top of the panel has a little lip that goes under the triangular piece at the lower front of the window itself. When reassembling, pay attention to the door lock button, which has a little piece of foam kind of wrapped around it and glued to the door frame. It keeps the button from rattling.

ghettogeddy
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
now i have a question about my rear driverside window, every time i roll it up it acts like it wants to keep goin and makes a loud noise also when rollin git down it sticks and makes the same sound untill u pull the window inwards