PDA

View Full Version : Nothing

FORFREE
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey guys i know this was asked somewhere but when i click search my computer goes crazy.
I had my car sitting in my drivway for about 5 weeks snow rain everything and i just finished changing all the fluids and i had the battry out and for about 3 days and i put every thing back and i went to start the car nothing battry dead so i jump it and i will not turn over it does not even crank. is it usall for the cars starter to hult up sitting there for a while?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I had my car sit for a couple weeks with the battery out and everything when i did my transmission and that didn't happen to me. Did you double check to make sure all your wires were hooked back up correctly??

shepherd79
03-11-2006, 07:54 PM
check the main fuse, other fuses.

Versanick
03-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Main relay, unless it's called a fuse. under the hood, on the left, there's a box of under-hood fuses. Look for one to be broken. A bigger sized broken one is your main. This happened to me when I put the battery terminals on backwards (yeah, I know. don't laugh.)

Plugged in a new one. (a few dollars at advance?)
Good as new.

88Accord-DX
03-11-2006, 09:28 PM
After checking all the fuses & relays. Put a socket on the crankshaft bolt & turn it back & forth. I seen a few cars, (not many) that had condensation on the cylinder bores & rusted up after the car set weeks on end. The starter couldn't turn it over after rust set in on the cylinder bores.

A18A
03-13-2006, 12:46 AM
wtf?!?!? i had my car sitting for about 3 months (in garage), just push started it and it and all good, i reckon u should try push starting it