PDA

View Full Version : At least it didn't blow up!!! - My new se-i

Lockleaf
03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I got my new SE-i home from cali today. I drove it back to utah this weekend. Now the seller and I have a few issues to cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Accord-SE-i-1989-HONDA-ACCORD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6254QQitemZ46159 62193QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That link shows the auction. The guy says that both the A/C and the sunroof work. Yet I am forced to disagree on both of these points. There isn't even a belt connected to the a/c compressor under the hood. And the sunroof was siliconed shut on the outside. :wtf: Then as i'm driving the damn thing home, the wind somehow catches the glass of the sunroof and rips it off. It gets held on by the back of the seal/trim stuff and just flips and smashes onto my roof. The interior slider bit gets sucked out the roof and now looks like a damned L. The glass is shattered but stayed in one piece. Now the whole damn thing is duck taped to the top of my car, but it wont even seat right so it sticks up like half an inch.

The front seats are from a coupe and aren't leather. The back has the tears, not the front.

But on the flip side, when I'll sell my other 3G, it will be like paying around $700 for a bunch of upgrades.

1. Installed sunroof (even if broken)(just the labor for that is $850)
2. Upgraded braking system(larger front rotor and 4 wheel disc)
3. Alloy rims
4. Fuel Injection system
5. Solid body (my other one's passenger B-bar is all smashed in)
6. It's (mostly) one color, even though the paint job is a $100 special. (my other one is champagne, gold, and silver :) )
7. It's an SE-I dammit. I've wanted one for 4 years. Now i have it, even if it's going to require more work than I had hoped.

So, all in all, I'm still happy with it. It's way more powerful than my '88 LX and stops 100x better.

Photos soon. It's late here and I want photos during the day. I'll post them up here in a couple o days.

Later guys.

mkymonkey
03-13-2006, 12:46 AM
holy shit yeah it stops fucking awesome! when he was over here in socal, he let me drive it and i have to say i tried to make the thing squeak and nothing!. although i only drove it around my building at work :D. the car does need some work but nothing major besides the damn sun roof.

get pics so people can see :D

2drSE-i
03-13-2006, 07:33 AM
adrian, just get 4 wheel discs. i obviously dont know what i have lol.

snoopyloopy
03-13-2006, 08:17 AM
not bad, not bad at all. i remember seeing that a few weeks ago and was tempted to bid on it. would've if i was at home. congrats on your new conquest.

AccordEpicenter
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
apparantly that guy has no fucking idea what teh caps lock does

Hash_man_Se_i
03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Sucks about the sunroof, but its easy to replace the whole unit yourself.

Good luck/

MessyHonda
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
well your car should be faster tight...the fuel injection adds like 22hp from the stock carb....man i wish i had one...but im still happy i just got some Fat 5s for it...i might have to put them on one at a time since i dont have a lift but wut the hell...they are 15 inches of good piece of rubber