PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light and other random accesory questions

Lockleaf
03-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Which cars have check engine lights? Just '89's, just SE-i's, just fuel injectedes? My '88 Lx doesn't have one.

Adjustable lumbar supports - Only coupes, only certain years?

I remember hearing that there were two center console inserts. One was the cup/tape holder. What was the other?

Dead pedal (foot rest for driver) - just SE-I, just '89, or just not in my '88 lx?

Oh shit handles - were they only NOT in the SE-I, or which models had them? '88 lx does, '89 se-i doesn't :wtf: I like those.

And tell me about any other random changing accesories that you know about.

I know se-i's had the bose system and steering mounted volume control.

Cool. Later.

A18A
03-13-2006, 12:12 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/ab801b12.jpg
this is a pic from tgd's gauges, but the one on the left i dont understand, looks like a catalytic converter symbol or sumtin, coz in both my cars the light is always on, and i have bad exhaust fumes on both of em 2

but whats that 1 on the right? is that for ecu? looks like it says PGM-FI? i hav no idea

mkymonkey
03-13-2006, 02:06 AM
my car is an 89 lxi coupe and from what you mentioned, i have:

oh shit handles
dead pedal
check engine light

and i added:

a tape holder, took that out and now have a cupholder. arm rest was also added

now i dont know what the hell a adjustable lumbas support thing is so i cant tell ya :D

carotman
03-13-2006, 04:21 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/ab801b12.jpg
this is a pic from tgd's gauges, but the one on the left i dont understand, looks like a catalytic converter symbol or sumtin, coz in both my cars the light is always on, and i have bad exhaust fumes on both of em 2

but whats that 1 on the right? is that for ecu? looks like it says PGM-FI? i hav no idea

The light on the left os there to monitor the catalytic converter via an EGT sensor.

The one on the right is for the PGM-FI ECU. This is found ONLY on EFI cars.