PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

accordlxi2.0
03-13-2006, 07:36 PM
whats up guys......

okay ever since i had the jdm 2.7 engine in, has been excellent,POWERFUL,
but i've been having this problem
if i drive her for awhile stop somewhere, then start her up. the engine whould hesitate and stumble and so far stalled twice while in park.
then i'll put in in drive and try to take off...it'll make popping noise and hesistate until i get above 2,000rpms then it'll be fine......

i changed the rear o2 sensor (it was somewhat new), changed the plugs (used ngk), cap and rotor.

this solved the problem for about a week.

any advice??

halxi
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
coil
timing belt
fuel pump (too rich? too lean?)

those are just the first few things that came to mind =/ not sure what it could be, EXACTLY. but hopefully that helps

AccordEpicenter
03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
coil/ignitor/ground issue?

accordlxi2.0
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
ignitor??
how do u test that one my book had the part where you test the harness (leaving from the ecu) and i think it gave me the wrong directions....

in a way (this is my opinion) i would'nt think it would be te ignitor becuase the ecu controls that and the timing.

the t-belt is new and the engine has about 60-70,000 miles on it....

how would you do that

b8er
03-14-2006, 05:42 AM
i would say check all ground straps and also check your fuel pump relay, its up under the drives side dash, by the fuse pannel

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 06:11 AM
i would also change the fuel filter and pcv valve. the engine could have a hard time breathing/ getting fuel

accordlxi2.0
03-14-2006, 06:32 AM
okay the main relay works....if it did'nt the engine would just crank plus if i press the gas the engine would rev.

it's like i start her up she'll rev to 1,200rpms then go down quick.
as the rpms go down (200rpm) the tach will shot back up to 1,000rpms then go down to 500-400rpms.

today it was flunctuating.

how do you test the ignitor??
on a legend

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 08:54 AM
i just changed my fuel filter and pcv valve this morning. this is what the dirt fuel inside the filter looked like

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9164/dirtyfuel4tb.jpg

accordlxi2.0
03-15-2006, 06:26 AM
whoa that is dirty.
my filter is clean though i changed before the car was in the shop.

when i first start her up...it's fine
this seems to only happen when you drive her for a while.

pcv valve if that was stuck open the engine would cut off as soon as the engine warms up and i would'nt be able to start her back up.

clogged pcv...well you don't really know till you see blue smoke come out of the exhuast...

so does anyone know how to test a ignitor??

accordlxi2.0
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
but it pops also...that can't be if anything it's probably one of the reasons....
i'm leaning towards the ignitor/coil.
maybe the jdm engines need a higher spark output along with the premium gas

accordlxi2.0
03-17-2006, 06:36 AM
okay today when the engine was cold...or luke warm, i had to be somewhere quick. I turned two blocks,then turned on a main street floored it and the engine stopped @4,000rpms like it was out of gas or something.
then i let go and hit it again and it was fine.

then when the engine was fully warm the idle went up and down 3 times the stabilized.....

A20A1
03-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Might just have low power to the pump/coil and everything else... is the alt and power, battery wires and all that good?

Another thing maybe is vapor in the tank building up.

is there a copression ratio difference from the engine you have now and the one you used to have? You may need different heat range of plug to keep it from fouling out or getting too hot.

Same thing happens when people install the bosch +4's... the heat range is probably off... add that to platinum and you get fouled plugs.

accordlxi2.0
03-17-2006, 05:27 PM
ummm yea...it's a jdm c27 series engine.

the legend c27 compression ratio stock is 9.0:1
and the jdm is 9.6:1

battery is two months old.
the alt is good found this out by accident.

there's like 3 guys that has the jdm done and the only problems they had was the egr is different.