PDA

View Full Version : Bosal OEM Replacement Exhaust?

MIK3
03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey all. For around $150.00 I found replacement cat-back exhaust parts, apparently OEM. Has anyone bought from this place? I want to know if it's quality stuff or not.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I should do to replace my exhaust. I want the muffler to look as stock as possible, if possible...I've been searching far and wide and haven't come up with much.

My muffler is starting to errode, so I figured I'd replace the entire cat-back exhaust section. Thanks for the help.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 06:13 AM
i am not asure, i seen them on ebay. they moighrt be like the crappy aftermarket oem fit exhaust we have at advance auto parts.

thegreatdane
03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Bosal is a well respected quality replacement exhaust.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
id like to see pics first

carotman
03-14-2006, 09:33 AM
I have a bosal muffler on my 94 civic. It's OEM quality and costs less. It's even sold by Honda under a Honda part number as a cheaper replacement exhaust.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 09:49 AM
carot, do you have any pics?

MIK3
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
I have a bosal muffler on my 94 civic. It's OEM quality and costs less. It's even sold by Honda under a Honda part number as a cheaper replacement exhaust.

Holy crap, carotman, where did you come from? Heh. It's been a while

Anyway, that's reassuring to know that Honda sells Bosal for replacement OEM parts. I think if the company is quality enough for Honda, it'll suffice for me, heh.

carotman
03-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I've always been there, maybe just not in the high post volume sections lol.

Sorry, I don't have a picture but the Bosal just looks like a generic OEM muffler. Nothing flashy.

89AccordResto
03-18-2006, 04:02 PM
I got a walker exhaust system on my accord. It's okay. :| Price was right.

thegreatdane
03-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Walker and Bosal are about the same quality.

86-accord-lxi
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Im in the same boat, Currently I do not have a muffler because it rotted off.
I went to ebay and searched for "universal muffler" and all that comes up is
fart cans. They are real cheap, I saw one for $8.99 and $20.00 shipping.
I just don't want to get labled as a ricer, get harassed on the road, or have someone vandalize my car.(most people around here hate rice) I was thinking maybe I 'll just extend the tail pipe to the back of the car, and run without a muffler. Only thing I don't like is the interior noise.

MIK3
03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
If your looking strictly for mufflers, the variety of brands varies a bit more. If I were you, and looking strictly into mufflers, I'd check out what Magnaflow has to offer. I don't think their tips get too wide.

86-accord-lxi
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I was thinking maybe a flowmaster 40 series, Not sure yet. I may be getting
a super clean 89 4door lxi !,So Im gonna have to wait and see what happens.
What about those "super flow" mufflers that they say are built by the same
company as flowmaster ? They cost about half what the flowmasters cost.

A20A1
03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah Bosal is a good factory replacement. If you can get a magnaflow. :)

MIK3
03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I was thinking maybe a flowmaster 40 series, Not sure yet. I may be getting
a super clean 89 4door lxi !,So Im gonna have to wait and see what happens.
What about those "super flow" mufflers that they say are built by the same
company as flowmaster ? They cost about half what the flowmasters cost.

Honestly, after viewing different results and what not from what flowmaster has to offer, it almost seems as if they concentrate more on sound than they do performance. I think I'd much rather OEM than flowmaster, only because I think in the future, Flowmaster will be known (well pretty much is nowadays) for their sound, and very little for whatever performance they may produce.

86-accord-lxi
03-20-2006, 04:38 AM
What do you recommend for best performance gains ?

MIK3
03-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Depending on how much you have done to your engine, I'd probably go with one of Borla's universals if you have the money. I'd spend that on a new one if I knew I'd be upgrading performance pretty significantly.

89AccordResto
03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
What do you recommend for best performance gains ?

A faster car. :P

But seriously... doesn't seem like the exhaust is too much of a restriction on these cars. I think headwork is where it's at.

EvilPenciler
03-20-2006, 08:57 PM
A faster car. :P
But seriously... doesn't seem like the exhaust is too much of a restriction on these cars. I think headwork is where it's at.

werd no real need to get a apexi n1 style exhuast with these cars unless you like the sound. Though if you goto carx or something like that you can get a custom 2.5" exhuast which will make sure you are freeing up all the hp don't go all crazy on the size though becuase you're gonna need some backpressure. I really like the sound of the greddy power extreame system on just about every car that has one. If someone found a way to adapt one to the 3g that would be awsome.

blahblahblah
03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
I got a flowmaster 50 with 2.25 piping the whole way with no cat..And its a bit load...But I have really grown to like..It sounds like no other honda