PDA

View Full Version : Price of your Window Tint

torjos41
03-14-2006, 06:23 AM
just tryin to get a general idea...what did u guys pay for ur windows to be tinted? be sure to say whether its a 2 or 4 door........

soryy....i posted in the wrong spot could someone move this to appereaance?!?!?

SQ is the SQUAD
03-14-2006, 09:01 AM
umm, this is the pics section, you should try general section

anyways, i am getting mine professional done for $100. that is computer cut tint so it fits right. good tint jobs can run up to $250

Vanilla Sky
03-14-2006, 09:08 AM
my mom's mazda was $130 out the door for regular old pigmented that faded out in a couple of years. i would expect metalized to run $300+.

right now, i'm looking for someone that will smoke glass so we can darken up her new car.

2drSE-i
03-14-2006, 10:03 AM
mine was $300 with a car alarm.....i have no idea how much the tint itself was. Check my cardomain for pics, its 5% so its probly illegal in your state.

chainz
03-14-2006, 01:29 PM
I had tint put on my '02 civic sedan for $180. Did all side windows 44% VLT (visible light transmission) and back 37%. 50% is the limit for sides here in Ohio but that is so light its not worth the money. I never had any problems having the darker level even when pulled over for speeding.
I don't recall the brand but it was the best stuff the guy had - guaranteed for life to not fade, bubble, crease, or change color.
Two things on tint: do NOT buy cheap tint! Nothing looks more ghetto than crappy tint that turns blue/purple. Second, if the installer won't remove the brake lamp from the rear tray to tint the window all the way down remove it for them before you take it in. Tint cut around the light makes the whole job look half-assed.

MattsAccord
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
I paid $225 that included 3M tint life time warrenty, 30% on all windows and a strip across the top of the windshield.

MIK3
03-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Moved it for ya. ;)

My tint was $200 all around including a lifetime warranty. I say try to find someone you trust, and not just another company. They do a ton of cars, and pay less attention to detail. Look for a guy that does it out of his home. You'll be able to watch the process and tell whether he or she is trustworthy for a quality job or not.

ivanfbi
03-15-2006, 01:32 AM
mine was $100 5% tint all around, then was incident with cops, i just ripped the tint off.

HostileJava
03-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I think mine was around $150 for the coupe.

torjos41
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I think mine was around $150 for the coupe.

where did u go.....im down in bucks county

HostileJava
03-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Motion Mania
715 Walnut Street, Easton, PA 18042
(610) 559-8700

RiCANACCORD
03-15-2006, 06:30 PM
DIY, and it will be really cheap!

GO to sears auto center and buy one of those really cheap tint rolls. Put the tint in the outside of the glass to measure, and then proceed to cut it. Afterwards proceed to install it on the inside side of the window. Use some non-scratching object to get rid of the bubbles.:eek5:

HostileJava
03-16-2006, 08:29 AM
DIY, and it will be really cheap!
GO to sears auto center and buy one of those really cheap tint rolls. Put the tint in the outside of the glass to measure, and then proceed to cut it. Afterwards proceed to install it on the inside side of the window. Use some non-scratching object to get rid of the bubbles.:eek5:

Cheap tint is not a good idea. It will fade and eventually start to crack in about 8-12 months depending on weather and light exposure. While I'm sure there are some expeptions to this rule, generally speaking you are always better off buying the more expensive tint. I was thinking about tinting the glass in my van. Seems like the best way to do it would be to take it out and tint it. Sure it's a little more labor, but at least you'll be able to clean the glass thorougly and lay it down on a flat surface to work on it. Accept for the back glass of course which isn't all that easy to get out.

Mike89Accordcom
03-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Def have it professionaly done. I had the luxury of knowing a guy whos dad owned a shop. So I got to chill while he did it in the back. But generally you'll pay $200 + for a good job. Also depends on what % tint you go.