PDA

View Full Version : Who Need's Cd Changer when you Got 40Gig Ipod

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Who Need's Cd Changer when you Got 40Gig Ipod God I Love New Toy's :wave: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_167_full.jpg

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-15-2006, 02:32 AM
Thats true. I have a cd/mp3 player with regular radio and xm radio and i have some mp3's with like 130 songs, so i have no need for a cd changer either.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Thats true. I have a cd/mp3 player with regular radio and xm radio and i have some mp3's with like 130 songs, so i have no need for a cd changer either.
my Pioneer dose WMA and MP3 and with 40gig Ipod i wont ever run out of Tunes:eek5:

MattsAccord
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
I have a 30 gig ipod, xm radio and all the other CD's I have bought. Driving to Southern California this weekend I shouldnt run out of music.

Vanilla Sky
03-15-2006, 08:35 PM
who needs an ipod when you have a carputer?

(in the works)

FyreDaug
03-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah carputer ftw! I had one in my car, running mbquarts and alpine subs. Sounded amazing. Not only that bnut I had 2 200gb harddrives full of music. Half of it lossless flac.

That and it went from an optical signal to an optical 6.1 amp.

So the title should read: "Who needs a 40gig ipod when you have a 400gb carputer"

owned.

sorry, thats cool. I know a couple guys who have done stuff like that, even hardwired it into their system and they run high power systems off of it. Sounds pretty decent.

mkymonkey
03-15-2006, 09:28 PM
i have a 60gb ipod in my civic running an alpine HU with the ipod module. works freaking awesome! i mean i can scroll through ALL my songs from the HU and even search by genre, album, playlist, and artist :D

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-16-2006, 12:20 AM
i have a 60gb ipod in my civic running an alpine HU with the ipod module. works freaking awesome! i mean i can scroll through ALL my songs from the HU and even search by genre, album, playlist, and artist :D
You know Better then that the Ipod dont skip unlike a cd:rocket:

mkymonkey
03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
yeah i do.... (scratches head)

im sorry i just dont get what youre trying to say. i didnt mention a cd in my post lol

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-16-2006, 01:14 AM
yeah i do.... (scratches head)

im sorry i just dont get what youre trying to say. i didnt mention a cd in my post lol
Your ipod skips? Mine dont at all Knock on wood I have two of them and no skiping at all.and what i was saying that the ipod wont skip like a cd would.

mkymonkey
03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
no it doesnt skip. and i get it now. sorry im slow today. the only time it ever skipped was when i had a few files that were currupted and didnt get them off of the ipod until it froze lol

aerokid1987
03-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Check out my sig for a free ipod! I actually got one! It really works.

mkymonkey
03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Lier!

1320boy
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Sirius......
the best satallite you can get
plus you get stern:)

leia
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
I can't wait till I hardwire my iPod into the RSX. That's gonna be sooooo HOT! Right now I'm relying on FM transmission....

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I can't wait till I hardwire my iPod into the RSX. That's gonna be sooooo HOT! Right now I'm relying on FM transmission....
they make a factory radio ipod interface and you can work it through factory radio i use to sell them.

B16KILLA
03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I have a 30 gig ipod, xm radio and all the other CD's I have bought. Driving to Southern California this weekend I shouldnt run out of music.

Hey if your driving out here this weekend, we're going to to have a kinda mini meet junkyard thing if you want to come hang out for a while. pm me let me know

mkymonkey
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
hey fuck yeah dude, im down for a mini meet if mr. mattsaccord is coming! im always up for meeting new people!

aerokid1987
03-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Lier!

Hey you haven't tried it have ya?? So don't call me a "lier"... haha haha lol

89AccordResto
03-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Apple rules. iTunes and iPod forever. I've been a dedicated apple user since 1996. :D

leia
03-18-2006, 08:35 AM
they make a factory radio ipod interface and you can work it through factory radio i use to sell them.

I know, its just kinda pricey and I'm not ready to drop that kind of cash, or tear into my dashboard yet. There's not too many available for my car right now though. Rumors are floating that Acura will release one in the near future, so I'm kinda waiting to price that out too.

HostileJava
03-18-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm happy with my CD/MP3 Player and XM. In fact I hardly use the MP3 function XM has so much content. Really the only MP3 CD's I have in the car are my DDR Mix collection and some kids songs. I keep thinking I should get an ipod or clone. I had an MP3 player way back when they first came out. It had a whole 32MB onboard and a custom expansion card. That was probably late 90's. I just don't do anything anymore where I don't have access to a stereo, computers, or car radio. Perhaps if I ever find the time to start rollerblading again I"ll pick one up. For what little listening I do away from where I can't play MP3's on a stereo or PC I have my DS with hacked firmware and CF card adapter/256MB card and cellphone with 128MB expansion card. But honestly the only songs I have on there are a few lullabies for when we are visiting and need to put my son to sleep.

ghettogeddy
03-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm happy with my CD/MP3 Player and XM. In fact I hardly use the MP3 function XM has so much content. Really the only MP3 CD's I have in the car are my DDR Mix collection and some kids songs. I keep thinking I should get an ipod or clone. I had an MP3 player way back when they first came out. It had a whole 32MB onboard and a custom expansion card. That was probably late 90's. I just don't do anything anymore where I don't have access to a stereo, computers, or car radio. Perhaps if I ever find the time to start rollerblading again I"ll pick one up. For what little listening I do away from where I can't play MP3's on a stereo or PC I have my DS with hacked firmware and CF card adapter/256MB card and cellphone with 128MB expansion card. But honestly the only songs I have on there are a few lullabies for when we are visiting and need to put my son to sleep.
so xm really is a good thing to go with i have a panisonic deck with it bult in i just need the interface so it can get the singnal but ive been thinking of goin xm just havent really heard any good feddback

HostileJava
03-18-2006, 09:38 AM
so xm really is a good thing to go with i have a panisonic deck with it bult in i just need the interface so it can get the singnal but ive been thinking of goin xm just havent really heard any good feddback

Personally I love it. I've never had someone in the car who couldn't find somthing they didn't enjoy listening to.

ghettogeddy
03-18-2006, 09:50 AM
well i dont care what my passengers want to listin to unless there like my parents or my friends parents then its normally off but ya

3rdCoast
03-18-2006, 05:23 PM
i dont mean to steal the post but i got an ipod adapter that lets u still use the ipod to to control everything except the volume. much easier than any of the other ipod interfaces i've seen/used like the pioneer adapter heres a link to an online retailer http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=605280&posted=1#post605280 or if u wanna check out the product website heres that http://www.blitzsafe.com/

HostileJava
03-18-2006, 05:35 PM
i dont mean to steal the post but i got an ipod adapter that lets u still use the ipod to to control everything except the volume. much easier than any of the other ipod interfaces i've seen/used like the pioneer adapter heres a link to an online retailer http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=605280&posted=1#post605280 or if u wanna check out the product website heres that http://www.blitzsafe.com/

You could just use the Pioneer IP to RCA adapter if you wanted to do that, it's probably not nearly as safe as just looking at the radio while you're driving though.

3rdCoast
03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
well for a pioneer connection u also need the pioneer Cd-rb10. not much different from using the radio especially if u have an ipod holder that mounts on an air vent. i just have my ipod in my lap and usually on shuffle. if im tryin to find somethin in particular i just do it at stop lights. no big deal. so much easier than that pioneer adapter that thing is a bitch:werd:

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-18-2006, 07:57 PM
well for a pioneer connection u also need the pioneer Cd-rb10. not much different from using the radio especially if u have an ipod holder that mounts on an air vent. i just have my ipod in my lap and usually on shuffle. if im tryin to find somethin in particular i just do it at stop lights. no big deal. so much easier than that pioneer adapter that thing is a bitch:werd:
You don't need a RB-10. With the IPod interface you can control the ipod through the Radio just like a Cd Changer you just plug in your ipod and play.And you Don't need to buy a New Radio as long as you Pioneer is XM Ready it will work with it.

mkymonkey
03-18-2006, 08:16 PM
like i said earlier i have the ALPINE CDA-9833 HU with the adapter (KCA-420I )for the ipod. works great. the ipod is disabled, and everything is controlled by the hu. the greatest thing is the search option, which lets you search for a specific song by disecting the library through genre, artist, playlist, and album.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2049000-2049999/2049630_6_full.jpg

3rdCoast
03-18-2006, 10:27 PM
You don't need a RB-10. With the IPod interface you can control the ipod through the Radio just like a Cd Changer you just plug in your ipod and play.And you Don't need to buy a New Radio as long as you Pioneer is XM Ready it will work with it.
i was talkin about the blitzsafe adapter and pioneer radios.

3rdCoast
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
like i said earlier i have the ALPINE CDA-9833 HU with the adapter (KCA-420I )for the ipod. works great. the ipod is disabled, and everything is controlled by the hu. the greatest thing is the search option, which lets you search for a specific song by disecting the library through genre, artist, playlist, and album.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2049000-2049999/2049630_6_full.jpg
yeah i was checkin out them alpines before but i got a pioneer premier deh-P770mp it has 4v outputs instead of the 2v.....using the headunit takes to long to track down a song. i prefer the use the ipod itself its just faster...