PDA

View Full Version : cupholder question

paso100
03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I just bought a cupholder from a member on the board. How is this supposed to secure in place of my stock tape/coin holder insert?
Does the cupholder have some kind of bracket to attach to those white screw inserts in the back?
I tried just popping it in, but it seems too loose.
Am I missing something?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/paso100/100_2435.jpg

AccordRacing21
03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
There are screws that go through the side of the center console into the white screw inserts. You should have already taken screws out when you took the tapeholder out. If not, then there's a piece of metal going across behind where the tapeholder was. You need to take that out and possibly bend the tabs where the white screw things are. Does that make any sense at all?

paso100
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
There are screws that go through the side of the center console into the white screw inserts. You should have already taken screws out when you took the tapeholder out. If not, then there's a piece of metal going across behind where the tapeholder was. You need to take that out and possibly bend the tabs where the white screw things are. Does that make any sense at all?
Yes, I took out the metal bracket behind the tapeholder. Problem is the white screw inserts (pictured) on the back of the cupholders do not line up with any existing holes in the console. Does that make sense? Anyone out there who actually replaced their tape holder w/ a cupholder have the same problem? So how did you secure the cupholder? You shouldn't have to bend anything if this is a direct replacement.

paso100
03-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Bumpity, bumpity, bump. Anyone?

AccordRacing21
03-15-2006, 10:51 PM
weird, I replaced my tapeholder with a cupholder about a month ago. On the side of my center console there were 4 screw holes and the white tabs lined perfectly up with the holes. It's probably just the angle of the picture that makes the white screw hole tabs look bent. If you don't have it figured out by the morning I'll take mine apart and take some pics for you.

paso100
03-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the offer. I did some searching and found pics. I think those tabs are bent, afterall. I couldn't tell because I had nothing to compare them to. I'll try bending them, which I'm not to happy about, and see if they'll line up.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/paso100/c4_1.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/paso100/100_2435.jpg

mkymonkey
03-16-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah dude, in the pic it looks like the tabs are bent, they really arent supposed to be. i mean when i replaced mine they just lined up, like the guy above me. there are four holes on the side of the console that are supposed to line up with the cup holder and the bracket that holds the console in place. the top two holes are for securing the console and the bottom two are for the cupholder.

my guess would be that you need to bend the tabs back enough for them to line up.