PDA

View Full Version : Before & After (TRACK RUN)

l3aLLa
03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
This is the start of a before and after trackresults run. This Saturday I am heading up to the racetrack to go ahead and run the old honda as an automatic, gutted pretty much no seats no stereo or anything. I would like to see what changes I will make from doing a 5 spd swap. Im not sure what it will run, hopefully under 19 Seconds lol. Current Mods

- New Short Ram CAI
- New custom fit 8.5MM Wires + Iridium NGK's
- MSD Ignition
- 4 new tires, 185-70-14" coopers, going on stock rims.
- Just adjusted valves and did an oil change.
- I had new 450CC Injectors, not sure if I should put them in now.
- I have a project to try and use a victor jr intake, custom fit, not sure how it will result but we will see.

Also stayed tuned, in june before I do my 5spd swap I am going to turbo the car with an automatic because on the board I keep seeing questions on how well it will do, so we will see.

Anything else that anyone can think of to do before I hit the track, let me know. Should I run 110 or just 93? I have never ran anything below 93 since the day i bought the car. Of coarse Im cool and I will have someone filming for official results and of coarse scan and let you see official track results.
Keep in mind this is 1/4 mile times.

gfrg88
03-15-2006, 06:26 PM
450cc with just an intake???

B16KILLA
03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Also stayed tuned, in june before I do my 5spd swap I am going to turbo the car with an automatic because on the board I keep seeing questions on how well it will do, so we will see.

Sounds good! I've been waiting for someone to step up to the plate, I was going todo it but I did'nt want to break my rebuilt tranny:)

snoopyloopy
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
sounds like a good plan. i wanna see results. and you only have 35,000 original miles on the car? that's incredible. especially since it's 20 years old. well, if that's the case, your auto tranny should handle up to a turbo pretty well for a few weeks, at least. good luck!

AccordEpicenter
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
running 100 octane is a waste on that car. use the STOCK injectors. Take off your ps belt when you run (worth 2 tenths consistantly)

w00tw00t111
03-15-2006, 09:33 PM
I can't remember if the auto's have a "selectable" tranny but, if you can go from like low to 2 to 3 or Drive then practice doing that. If not then start reading up on track temp related to tire pressures. Although, it might not have that big of an affect on your time every bit helps. Also, no carpet, no door panels, no vanity panels, no spare tire in trunk, no a/c, no front bumper support frame, and try finding some steelies at the j/y for the rears. Supposedly the smaller rear tire width that a donut has will help traction up front and reduce frictional losses in the back. Never tried it but, I've heard it being done before. That's all I've got for now. And good luck! :)

AccordEpicenter
03-16-2006, 02:08 AM
i used to brake torque the auto, but i eventually blew it. Thats the best way to race the auto though.

l3aLLa
03-16-2006, 04:53 PM
The best way Ive found to the the auto is holdin it about 2-3k untill the greenlight then i can about redline first and i usually will shift it to 2 then redline all the way through. Im anxious myself, hopefully tomorrow my parts come in on time, i will post lost of pix trust me!!