PDA

View Full Version : 1989 accord Lxi EFI turbo

gamenerd
03-15-2006, 06:16 PM
I have read thru these threads and since im a noob to this in every sence of the word ...

please tell me whaat i need to get a turbo goin
type of turbo
manifold and such........

i got a
1989 honda accord Lxi 2.0 EFI

177,456 miles on it
it might like im asking for too much but im just really not smart when it comes to this
i dont even know my engine code ???? please help

RiCANACCORD
03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
:wtf:

EDIT: I'm sorry for replying like that. B8er remember that you can't be rough on noobs. We were all noobs once.

Your engine code is: A20AX( where x is a number which declares where has your car been manufactured )

What kind of turbo: it all depends on your motor setup. If it's completely stock you'll have to stick to something to a t3 maybe.

YOu'll need a turbo manifold ( customade), the piping (intake/exhaust), intercooler(optional), fuel pump, head rebuilt wouldn't be bad, time, money,motorsports/tuning knowledge, among a few others thing.

With that high mileage it time to replace some parts from the whole car. This includes timing belt, water pump, catalytic converter, seals, valves, springs, retainers, oil&filter, etc. YOu'll need to be patient...

Start off with the basic things that a light wheel vehicle mechanic can do for your vehicle. Then proceed to read, and learn more about the a20's, how do they work, and what can you do with them. Get some examples from other people who had done turbo applications with the a20's and learn.

Welcome to 3geez!!!

b8er
03-15-2006, 06:27 PM
you havent read anything yet, if you cant read through a website with TONS of info and not be able to figure out your engine code your not ready to go turbo, i may be coming of as a harsh dick but you need to read, read, search, then read, all the awsners to your questions are on this website, there not that hard to find, this website has a niffty feature called "search" its at the top right of the page. right below where it says welcome *insert user name here*

paso100
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
You might want to find out how complicated it is first, how much money it will cost, wait about a year after doing simpler things w/ the car, like suspension, which is just as rewarding, and THEN thinking about slapping on a turbo. By then I'll bet you will have changed your mind.

RiCANACCORD
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
By then I'll bet you will have changed your mind.

LOL, hahaha hilarious!

gfrg88
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
haha, i know i changed my mind after reading alot on here, ive changed so many of my "plans" for my car.....anyways read throught the turbo faq thread, and look at all of the other turbo threads on here after that if you still have questions then come and ask them here. :welcome:

snoopyloopy
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
well, if you're going to turbo your car, you'll need to prep your car just like anyone else would. get it tuned up and running in good shape, then begin your project. you'll first have to have a goal in mind of how much hp you want to end up with. that'll help you choose what size turbo you need and what exactly you need to do to the engine to prep it. and since no company makes a bolt-on turbo kit for our car, you'll have to piece together your own kit, which includes plenty of relocating in your engine bay. may i also point you to the whole section of this forum that you seem to have missed, the forced induction section. here's the link: http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

bobafett
03-15-2006, 07:56 PM
yeah read up here, there is a lot of good info in the forced induction section

also check out www.homemadeturbo.com

takes a couple years of research to really fully understand the undertaking... i started my research in 02! lol