PDA

View Full Version : apex/fel-pro head set. Need help indentifying dizzy gasket

86-accord-lxi
03-16-2006, 12:43 AM
I got this apex head set AHS1008 gasket kit from gasketpro.com. iT says it's for 86-89 accords (all). I am a little confused as to what is what, I mean nothing is labled. I know the obvious head gasket, valve cover gasket, intake, and exhaust gaskets, but What does the main distributor gasket look like ? I can get pics of all the gaskets in the kit if needed, but I was hopinng someone would have a pic, or could give me a general discription of the distributor gasket. Also, If I pull the distributor to replace the gasket, Will it screw up the timing ?

86-accord-lxi
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Anyone ? I don't want to pull the dizzy and end up not having the right gasket.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
The distributors use an o-ring to seal out the oil where they are mounted to the head. If you intend to replace this seal, its a pretty large-diameter o-ring. If your kit doesn't include it, it can be sourced from a dealer or matched up by most autopart stores. Also, before messing with the distributor, get a sharpie or some whiteout and draw a line across the mounting points on the distributor. This way you can realign it the way it was before when you finish. Hope this helps.

86-accord-lxi
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM
I am just going to leave it alone for now, I thought I had an oil leak there, But I don't. It was just left over oil from when the valve cover was leaking.
Thanks anyway !