PDA

View Full Version : Headlights wont go down?

zacritz929
03-16-2006, 07:18 PM
the other day after jump starting my car i found that my headlights wont go down. they go on and off fine but they stay up. also my dash lights arent working and the dimmer switch isnt lit up, actually im not sure if their was even a light on the switch but still curious y they wont go down.

2drSE-i
03-16-2006, 07:25 PM
you may have the button pressed to open them. then again, if your dimmer switch isnt lit up, it may have become unseated. try replugging the whole switch.

A18A
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
disconnect your battery (asuming its good now) leave it off for about 5 mins then recconect it maybe. if that dont work check your fuses

zacritz929
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
i have an lx-i and it has the light-dimmer-defrost switch altogether and the defrost switch works but the other 2 dont seem to work. ill check the other fuses and try disconnecting the battery.
thanks

shar
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
there should be some fuses under the hood near the battery...two fuses in there operate the Left and Right Retractors...

Mac
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
i have an lx-i and it has the light-dimmer-defrost switch altogether and the defrost switch works but the other 2 dont seem to work. ill check the other fuses and try disconnecting the battery.
thanks

That is the dimmer, defrost, and headlight retractor switchs. Check that the headlight retractor switch isn't pushed in. If it is your headlights will not go down.

Do you mean 2 of the switchs aren't lighting up. If so pull the switch cluster out. They each have light bulbs in them. Maybe the bulbs are burnt out.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-17-2006, 07:04 PM
you might want to check the switch itself. the acrtual switch is a relay. when installing my gauges i unpluged my switch and when i turned on my lights the filped up and stayed up when i shut the lights off. plus my interior dim lights did not work at all

mkymonkey
03-17-2006, 08:47 PM
did you just buy the car? when i bought it the moron that had it before hit the the right front corner of the car and the actual arm that held the light was bent, therefore it made the lights stay up. of course that was probably just in my situation.

but after i fixed it with another light assembly from the jy, i had to change the fuses, cuz they were out, and the connector was unplugged. check to see if your connector is unplugged, has any corrosion, or even if it has any tears or cut all together. other than that, check the relay for the lights.

for your back lights not turning on, it may be just a simple fix of replacing the bulbs. i had to replace some on my car too. just go to autozone or your nearest auto parts store. they have them there in stock most of the time. or it could also be that they wire for the lights on the switches is unplugged, cut or whatever else.

these are the things you may want to look for.

88Accord-DX
03-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Nevermind. Sounds like electrical trouble shooting.

3gn86lxi
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I had the similar problem after I did my HID conversion. And it actually turned out to be a loose wire going into the main fuse block under the hood.
Try that too.

A20A1
03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
I had this happen once, I think it was a fuse issue.
I love the flip up light switch, I think it's the best feature of the 3G.

mkymonkey
03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
to tell you the truth i think its a bit useless....lol

in the owner's manual that came with my car it says that its for poping the lights up just in case the other switch doesnt work. does that mean that they're wired on a different system? the two switches i mean

zacritz929
03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
ok i checked all of the fuses and theyre all fine even the fuses under the hood. when i said that the switches arent lightin up i meant that i dont think they are getting power. how exactly do you get the switch cluster out???

2drSE-i
03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
you can pop it out with a small flathead screwdriver towards the bottom of the switch. there are three connections on the back of this switch, the middle one is blue and the two on the sides are yellow, but they are shaped very differently, so you can easily tell which is which.

88Accord-DX
03-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Edit.
Nevermind. Was going to say test the motor for power & work your way back. But if the light isn't working on the switch, then that is probably the case.

ckhaing
09-30-2023, 06:01 PM
I had this happen once, I think it was a fuse issue.
I love the flip up light switch, I think it's the best feature of the 3G.

I got that problem, not retracting after the headlight was off, unable to close manually under hood. Turned out I totally forgot there was that "flip up switch" that was accidentally switched on. Thanks

RI86DX
10-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Dude, this thread is so old Bush Jr. was president and the person you replied to might have changed sexes (if not, they're probably the sole actual woman on planet earth with that much feedback carb knowledge) and went AWOL, besides massively downgrading to a Cobalt.

ShiRen
10-01-2023, 09:57 PM
It doesn't really matter the post was necroed, some of the most relevant posts were made in the first 5 years of the forum. It's not like they are expecting an answer from the op. If the necro is a problem old blue would probably come delete the reply.
And I don't think that was very appropriate... A20A1 was active until 2015 and I'm pretty sure is an actual woman. They had the accord for 15 years or more and it was already that old when the forum was created, some cars just don't last forever when they're actually used.