PDA

View Full Version : Australian 2gee conversion help

jedi
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
hello all, kinda new to this forum thing, so im osrry if this has been asked before, and im to stupid to find a thread.....
Im a proud owner of a 1985 hatch A20A1, and well its nearly at the end of her glorious life, shell be kickin on to 400,000 soon. and well i have seen some tasty conversions on this site.. i would love a vtec, but hey....just wondering on my best option, and the thing is im in queensland austalia...this is an american site yeah?... anways if all you honda crew, got any contacts or know anyone, who i could trust to work on my car. i do everything myself, but i think a new engine conversion would be outa my hands....thanks for the help guys.

carotman
03-17-2006, 05:38 AM
Well, you could install a 3g Accord B20A from New-Zealand. That's your best option I think. If you want you can get a B20A block and the B18A head. This would save you from the Carb => EFI conversion. THe Whole B18A could be used but you might as well get a 2 liter engine in the process :D

2ndGenGuy
03-17-2006, 10:22 AM
You've got an A20A1 in an 85? Is that a stock thing in Australia, or did you do a conversion already? Maybe they started that a year ealier. From what I know, here in the U.S. the 85's all had ES series engines (1.8ltr).

While most people on the forums are from the U.S., I think that most of the stuff can be applied to other country's cars too. Also, lots of people here like to get info on the JDM cars, and we would love to have your knowledge added into the pool. I would say this is a very international site, since I've seen other people on here from all over the world.

Welcome to the forums!

2ndGenGuy
03-17-2006, 11:04 AM
You might like to check out this thread in the forums:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44456

Sweet-ass conversion here!