PDA

View Full Version : Brake Wiring

smufguy
08-22-2002, 01:15 PM
K this is a weird situation, I am wiring up a Third Led Brake Lamp instead of the stock one. I need to know, Where the Positive one goes and where the negative one goes.

With the clip facing (the part where it snaps onto) up and the wires towards you, which wire is positive and which is negative? I hope i am clear with my explanation

lemme rephrase if ppl did not get it the first time, You take the brake light off of the car. U have it in your hand with the place where u pulg the connector is away from you and the wires from the connector is facing you. The lil clip thing where the connector in the car pulgs into is pointing up. Which wire is negative and which one is positive. To be even more clear, you are standing straight up with your feet firm on the ground with your head straight. :D

catalin
08-22-2002, 09:52 PM
It doesn't matter, the light will still work either way. This of course is only true for lights only...

POS carb
08-23-2002, 01:33 AM
ding ding ding
:beer:
don't u feel a huge sinking feeling realizing you've just wasted like 30 minutes going over and over in your head how to best describe it to then be told in 2 sentences it doesn't matter :banghead: ;)

smufguy
08-23-2002, 04:16 AM
its an LED, not a BULD. so there. and pos carb i will kick you :flip:

catalin
08-23-2002, 07:18 AM
Well if it's an LED then try both ways and it should work one way or the other.

carotman
08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
use a multimeter

or try it and see if it works

ACCORD EX
08-23-2002, 10:38 AM
even if it's a LED or a bulb ! IT DOESN'T MATTER ! hehehhe !

anyway if you want to check it ! uses a multimter liek carotman said !

MIKE

smufguy
08-23-2002, 03:33 PM
for a LED it does matter where the positve and the negative goes. thats why they have one small stem (-ve) and a long stem (+ve) on individual bulbs. well u see, i dont have a multimeter if someone could check it out real quick according to my first post on this thread, it will be helpful and besides, my car is ripped apart, so there is no way i can use a multimeter anywayz. :) thanks again.

smufguy
08-25-2002, 01:29 PM
dude carotman, do u konw where the positive and negative are ???