PDA

View Full Version : !!!!plz help!!!!oil filter housing gasket

zacritz929
03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
im tryin to get my oil filter housing off but i cant even get a wrench on the oil pressure sensor. there is like a piece of rubber over the sensor and keeps my wrench from undoing the bolt. can some1 just give me step by step instructions on how to get this fucker off.??
thanks

bobafett
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
that rubber boot should pull right off (just like a spark plug wire), which would leave just the sensor body attached to the filter housing, but it would definetly be easier to get to without the wire and rubber boot on there.... this is definetly a bitch to get to if you have stock intake setup or if u have carbs :(

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-19-2006, 12:30 PM
With age the boot almost welds itself to the sensor. I had to use a large flat head screwdriver to pry the boot off. After that its just a matter of having a large enough wrench to loosen the sensor. Don't forget to put a little sealant on the threads when you screw it back in.

88Accord-DX
03-19-2006, 05:50 PM
The sensor takes a 15/16" wrench. The oil filter housing bolts take a 10 mm. wrench. Replace the O-ring behind the base & thread lock/sealant on the sensor.

zacritz929
03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
ok i got everything off but the boot kind of fell apart. will it be fine without the boot? also i didnt put any kind of sealer on the sensor. what exactly does this sensor do?
o ya BTW i got everything back together and i havnt seen a drip of oil yet.. sigh..im happy as fuck lol