PDA

View Full Version : 1988 LX-i Timing

mgardner
03-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I have just rebuilt the engine in my LX-i, but I havn't set the ignition timing. I read through the manual to find out how to do this, and it refers me to a VECI label on the car, which is not there. How do I set the timing and what is it supposed to be set to?

Thanks guys.
-Mark

A20A1
03-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I only have these stickers... no one has given me the other ones to add.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40679

mgardner
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
A20A1--Is this a fuel injected engine (mine is fuel injected)? I'm not that familiar with Hondas yet, as this is my first Honda.

A20A1
03-19-2006, 02:26 PM
nope it's the DX LX (Carbed), I'm waiting for someone to send me a picture of the LX-I (EFI).

it should be on the underside of the hood... it may be covered in dirt.

mgardner
03-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I looked...it probably fell off 'cause the car had flood damage. It runs pretty good at the present time, I've been driving it for about a month. I just didn't know what the timing was s'posed to be so I set it where it idles good and smooth. A friend referred me to this forum because he used to have an '89 LX-i. I appreciate the input.

Oldblueaccord
03-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I think you want to set it on the red mark. The white mark on the flywheeel is TDC. Use a timing light and shine it thur the litle whole in the bellhousing somewhat under the distributor.

The way you have it timed now is just fine. make sure it does not ping real bad is all.

wp