PDA

View Full Version : Engine Restore

FORFREE
03-20-2006, 08:47 AM
I have a 1989 Accord LX 4 door and I got it from a friends dad and he did not care of it very well and I was woundring if there is any kinda addtive that will restore the walls of the pistion? insted of pulling the engine apart and re-boring the walls. I have not taken it a part so I dont know how bad the walls are. So any sugestions would help I have been doing a lot of work to he car but i dont feel llike pulling the engine out.

89AccordResto
03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
That restore stuff kinda works, but don't expect it to do miracles. Why do you think the walls of the cylinder are bad? Just do a compression test to see if they're damaged or not, but yes... that 'restore' additive does work... a LITTLE. It's not going to turn a junk engine into a good one.

shepherd79
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
before you add anything to your oil, do the compression test. this will tell you how badly your engine is worn out.
After that you can try the additives but i can tell you one thing, most of them don't work on badly worn out engine.

maxsideburn
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
get the one in the silver can, make sure it's the right size for a 4 cylinder. Then do an oil change and calculate how much oil this will be replacing. Drive it for 500 miles, then drain your oil and change it.

You don't want to ADD this to your old oil, because if you overfill you can cause more problems than you had originally.

Also you're not supposed to run the stuff forever, because although it may help seal some small little fizzures and stuff in the metal oil containing one of these products will not lubricate your engine as well.

88Accord-DX
03-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Let us know how it works.