PDA

View Full Version : !!!radiator removal!!!

zacritz929
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
well yesterday i finally got all of my oil leaks fixed but i get to school today and what do ya kno... i gotta a puddle of antifreeze under my car. the hoses look fine so im guessin the radiators cracked. btw i have an 88 lxi. any tips on removing the radiator would be nice.

shepherd79
03-20-2006, 02:14 PM
it is very easy.
remove the top and bottom hose. disconnect the wires. unbolt the top holding plate and pull it out.

zacritz929
03-20-2006, 05:06 PM
ya i just have to dremel one more bolt thats to rusted to unscrew.. anyways i got one of the fans off and the fins of the radiator literally disintegrated when i touched them so im gonna order a new radiator. is there a difference between the rads for the different accord models because i have an lxi and im probably gonna order my new rad from murrays and i dont want them to order the wrong one..
thanks alot

ghettogeddy
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
1800radiator i got my koyo for like $99 just tell them u got an estamet from kragen on an auminum rad for like $89. cause kragen has single row and the koyo is a dual and they should price match and give u free next day shiping at least thats what they did for me.