PDA

View Full Version : cheapy '88 accord side skirts....

Boonie Buster
03-20-2006, 11:26 PM
i know this topic has prolly been covered a gazillion times, but i see the front lips on accord made of the cheapy garden stuff and was wondering if any one has done this for side skirts??? (i.e. attached them to the little metal lip under the doors) i've been thinking this would look really good with the black and gold thing i've kinda got going on, i have a kinda dented up front bumper i would have no prob trying this on just wondering if someone could dig up some old post or info on this, please, and before anyone says "do a search dummy" i have, and i want MORE than i've found, thank you guys (and gals)

Boonie Buster
03-24-2006, 09:44 PM
anyone out there done this???? (mainly looking for people who've done this as a side skirt) or is this just totally lame? i just don't wanna do a body kit.

89AccordResto
03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
I think it'd be pretty ghetto. Why do you want them? Do you think it'll make your car attract the honeys? Be more fast and furious? All they'll do is look tacky, added on, and catch on speedbumps. But hey, free country dude. Whatever. :)

2drSE-i
03-24-2006, 11:30 PM
actually, no1 has ever done this to my knowledge. youd be the first.

HostileJava
03-25-2006, 12:26 AM
NOT my car:

http://hostilejava.com/photogallery/IMG_2471%20(Small).JPG

It goes around the whole car.

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 01:14 AM
I think it'd be pretty ghetto. Why do you want them? Do you think it'll make your car attract the honeys? Be more fast and furious? All they'll do is look tacky, added on, and catch on speedbumps. But hey, free country dude. Whatever. :)

i gotsme a honey:slap: , so no worries there:) . what's the point of spending $500 on a body kit then if these will just get ruined on speedbumps??? unlike bodykits that NEVER scrape:thumbdn: this way i'll have something VERY cheap that i don't have to worry about if i do hit a speedbump,(sorry if i offend those with a bodykit, no harm is meant to you) i'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there and maybe a little advice, maybe someone will convince me to go another route, to be honest the little garden things would prolly scrape on the ground as it is.

89AccordResto
03-25-2006, 10:11 AM
i gotsme a honey:slap: , so no worries there:) . what's the point of spending $5 on a body kit then if these will just get ruined on speedbumps??? .

Fixed. :)

ghettogeddy
03-25-2006, 10:31 AM
ive done the front and will be doin thte back and sides just have to do some mesering scence the side are lower the the back and front and i will also be glassing them and painting them so it looks a little better
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0872.jpg

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Fixed. :)

just that, i'll be spending $5 instead of $500:rice:

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 10:34 AM
so are you going to use the same stuff for the sides or trim it down some???

ghettogeddy
03-25-2006, 10:35 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF1049.jpg
sorry hears a newer shot

ghettogeddy
03-25-2006, 10:37 AM
ya ive already bought the stuff i just have to find some one who is good at glassing and painting ill be painting my whole car white

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 10:38 AM
ya, i wouldn't mind finding something a little stiffer with a lip at the top to bolt it under the front, but the sides will have to go straight in from the side, i dunno yet, it's just small talk right now

see, i don't think it'd look half bad under the sides at all looking at your second pic

89AccordResto
03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
If you're talking about fiberglassing them into and blending them in with the car, that's a bad idea. One scrape and the whole thing will have a huge crack.

ghettogeddy
03-25-2006, 11:31 AM
well same with the 500 doller bodykit but i guess what were really gona do is use the edging as more of a mold so we can make are own stuff