PDA

View Full Version : Aem big brake replacement rotors

EricW
03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Does any one know of a place that sells just the rotor for the Aem/Power slot big brake upgrade?
The only place I can find is Fastbrakes.com (http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_175&products_id=196) I just need the 12" front rotors for the kit # 29-700.:wave:

Legend_master
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Does any one know of a place that sells just the rotor for the Aem/Power slot big brake upgrade?
The only place I can find is Fastbrakes.com (http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_175&products_id=196) I just need the 12" front rotors for the kit # 29-700.:wave:

are you running this setup, and if so are you able to use the rotors with 15" rims. I have always heard they require a 16" + .

EricW
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I am not currently running the set up I just have all of the parts (front and rear big brake), minus the 12" front rotors and large enough rims. Fast brakes sells some 15" rims that they say will fit over 12" rotors and clear the calipers.

Before the parts go on i am going to press new bearings and ball joints into the front hubs and i have to replace one stud, so i am going to do all 8 for the front. I will also be running braided lines and ebc green stuff.

TheWatcher
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I am not currently running the set up I just have all of the parts (front and rear big brake), minus the 12" front rotors and large enough rims. Fast brakes sells some 15" rims that they say will fit over 12" rotors and clear the calipers.
Before the parts go on i am going to press new bearings and ball joints into the front hubs and i have to replace one stud, so i am going to do all 8 for the front. I will also be running braided lines and ebc green stuff.
The Power Slot Big Brake Kit is NOT gonna just bolt on to a 3g AFAIK (under your avatar you just list the 3g and NOT a civic).

You need the custom adapter plate that someone (Vinny?) had custom made. There are no more custom adapters, you need to buy it from someone who already has it (good luck on prying them away from any current owner).

The regular Brembos are bolt on. Brembos are you're best bet.

EricW
03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
The Power Slot Big Brake Kit is NOT gonna just bolt on to a 3g AFAIK (under your avatar you just list the 3g and NOT a civic).
You need the custom adapter plate that someone (Vinny?) had custom made. There are no more custom adapters, you need to buy it from someone who already has it (good luck on prying them away from any current owner).
The regular Brembos are bolt on. Brembos are you're best bet.

I already own a set of the adapters made by rob.

HostileJava
03-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Alright guys, let's try to stay on topic.

Oldblueaccord
03-21-2006, 07:37 PM
leave it to watcher to post pad a good thread.

Power slot is the AEM kit now . Do a goole on them I bet tirerack could get them.

EDIT http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_175&products_id=196

I think this is them but call. there all the same integ,civic 4 bolters. I was thinking this price is for 2 (I hope)

Off memory they are pretty high$$ rotors and like you said there hard to find. Its one of the reason i went with the Type r rotors and caliper . You can get them anywhere.

Brian at fast brake can fix u up call him he was very helpfull with me. I got my Type r rotor redrills from him.

wp

EDIT

http://www.buybrakes.com/store/29-700

EricW
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I emailed them and in the reply he said that the part is the rotor surface only not and does not include the center hat.

Oldblueaccord
03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh shit so you need the hats too? Well hell thats the whole kit there big dog. Hat ,rotor , brackets. Less the way I m looking at it.

wp

EricW
03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't need the brackets though. Since i have a set of the ones that rob made.

I email him back about buying a set of 12" two piece rotors that were the same specs as the AEM ones and he said it would be $350 and I would Have to give him the specs. SO I guess i'm just going to buy a new Power Slot Kit since it is $365 shipped.

wprocomp
03-22-2006, 11:43 PM
i have the longer studs from rob but thats it,as for the custom brackets its just some spacers those would be easy to make