PDA

View Full Version : 3/21/06 Announcement - New Main Site

87accordlxi
03-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm pleased to announce that 3geez.com is now the home of a new main website! The site is tied in with the forum content, so you'll be able to access all of the latest information on the board. Stay tuned for new content that will be specific to the website!

http://www.3geez.com

To access the website from the board, click on the big logo at the top of the page. If you are using the New Default style with the flash logo, you can click on the "Home" link at the top in the grey navbar next to "UserCP."

buds302
03-21-2006, 01:09 PM
sweet! ive been waiting on this site to go with the rest of them with a home page!!

A20A1
03-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Woah... I thought I was stuck in the admin pannel or something.

:D

mkymonkey
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
i love the new page but i have a bit of a problem. all the links on the main page (see below) dont seem to work. i keep getting a "page not found" after i click any of them. i am assuming that they are not yet linked to the sub folder you guys used to put the forum under (3geez.com/forum/). i dont know if this is just happening to me, so i thought i would point it out.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5527/3geezlinks6hh.png (http://imageshack.us)

other than that prob... everything in the main page looks freaking awesome! i actually like the calendar feature the most. why? well becase i dont normaly have a calendar readily available when i want to see dates ahead. lol kinda weird i know but thanks anyway!

-adrian

87accordlxi
03-22-2006, 08:35 AM
i love the new page but i have a bit of a problem. all the links on the main page (see below) dont seem to work. i keep getting a "page not found" after i click any of them. i am assuming that they are not yet linked to the sub folder you guys used to put the forum under (3geez.com/forum/). i dont know if this is just happening to me, so i thought i would point it out.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5527/3geezlinks6hh.png (http://imageshack.us)
other than that prob... everything in the main page looks freaking awesome! i actually like the calendar feature the most. why? well becase i dont normaly have a calendar readily available when i want to see dates ahead. lol kinda weird i know but thanks anyway!
-adrian

Fixed. Thanks.

As for the different functions, I'd like to make it useful enough so that everyone here can use it as their browser homepage. So I'll look at integrating a search engine, weather, news, and possibly email. Whether I can do that is a different story.

MrBen
03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
It looks great.

Do we need the aom banner on the homepage?

Cheeseburger
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
sweet mother of god thats so freaking cool!!!!
thanks guys for keeping this site up!!!!

speedpenguin
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Love it,
And this is totally going to be my homepage.

2drSE-i
03-22-2006, 10:12 AM
quick question as far as the calendar goes. Will users be aloud to submit items to the calendar, like meets, etc? i think that would be cool

i LOVE how you can vote for AOM on the main page tho, that is pretty damn cool.

87accordlxi
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
quick question as far as the calendar goes. Will users be aloud to submit items to the calendar, like meets, etc? i think that would be cool
i LOVE how you can vote for AOM on the main page tho, that is pretty damn cool.

You can already do that.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/calendar.php

But the main page calendar is independent of the board calendar.

mkymonkey
03-22-2006, 08:04 PM
onto the calendar thing.

i know you guys integrated this a while ago. and i have actually tried it. i have one prob with it though. (i know i know i keep whining) on the "tutorial" you guys posted on how to use it, it says that there is an option on the "add a new event" page that will let other users sign that event if they are comming or not. well when i tried it for a few of our many socal meets, it was not there. and to tell you the truth i actually gave up on it after not being able to do that.

that is the single most appealing feature that attracts me to the addition of the calendar. but again, this is just another thing i wanted to point out to you guys.

anyway back to topic!

2drSE-i
03-22-2006, 09:13 PM
ah silly me, shows me not to pay attention. What about the board calendar? maybe it would be easier to make a submission that would send it to a mod to approve or dissaprove the addition to the calendar. my apologies if we can already do that as well....

anywho, great new function, my new homepage :)

i waste tons of time everyday typing in www.3geez.com every time i open a browser :D

Hash_man_Se_i
03-22-2006, 10:09 PM
looks awesome, good work.

87accordlxi
03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
onto the calendar thing.

i know you guys integrated this a while ago. and i have actually tried it. i have one prob with it though. (i know i know i keep whining) on the "tutorial" you guys posted on how to use it, it says that there is an option on the "add a new event" page that will let other users sign that event if they are comming or not. well when i tried it for a few of our many socal meets, it was not there. and to tell you the truth i actually gave up on it after not being able to do that.

that is the single most appealing feature that attracts me to the addition of the calendar. but again, this is just another thing i wanted to point out to you guys.

anyway back to topic!

The hack wasn't reinstalled when we upgraded the board software to 3.5. It's back now and works just like it used to. I re-stuck Marc's tutorial on it in the Meets forum.

ah silly me, shows me not to pay attention. What about the board calendar? maybe it would be easier to make a submission that would send it to a mod to approve or dissaprove the addition to the calendar. my apologies if we can already do that as well....
anywho, great new function, my new homepage :)
i waste tons of time everyday typing in www.3geez.com every time i open a browser :D

Anyone can submit an event. We haven't found it necessary to moderate the events that people add.

Pico
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Freakin Sweet Homepage :D

BITESIZE
03-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I miss being able to click on the big 3geez.com logo on the top left and having it take me to the home page....:(

87accordlxi
03-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Click on the small "3geez" link just below the logo.

thegreatdane
04-15-2006, 03:57 AM
The forum "News Announcements" inside the "3geez News & Site Feedback" forum can not be accessed from anywhere unless there has just been made a post in the forum.

87accordlxi
04-16-2006, 06:05 AM
The forum "News Announcements" inside the "3geez News & Site Feedback" forum can not be accessed from anywhere unless there has just been made a post in the forum.

That's on purpose. The only reason the News Announcements on the front page are in a separate forum is because sometimes I'll need to enable HTML for the announcements, like for the link to automatically set the board as your home page. If I simply enabled HTML for this forum, everyone would be able to use it, which would be a security risk. I guess I could have posted the latest announcement in the Feedback forum, but I didn't really think the news was important enough to warrant starting a thread where people can reply.

If nobody is allowed to post in the News Announcements forum, then I figured it didn't need to be linked to from the board if people can see the latest post on the main page.