PDA

View Full Version : Rough run issues!!!

sankaran904
03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Mine is 98 Accord EX , AT , 121K miles which was running fine and now I am hearing loud noise and experiencing rough run issues. Especially at low speeds , the noise seems to be louder. Also just in park gear , the noise is something like am in a giant motor room. When i just step on the gas pedal in park gear, engine roars and then when i release it, i could feel the sporadic vibration all through the car . Also at this release point i could hear something like a stopping spinning wheel sound, from the front hood which again am not sure is related. Check engine light is also on and mechanic said it is due to evap code from PCM valve , which he ignored as he found no issues and turned it off But is back ON again.
One part am not sure on the past maintenance is about the timing belt. Would these symptoms be realted to timing belt slipping or breaking off or anything to do with that?. Am planning to replace it , but i wanted to check if that would solve this or i should be doing more diagnostics on this. Can you please clarify?..
Thanks in advance