PDA

View Full Version : Steering rack bolt

Mars
03-23-2006, 06:34 PM
The steering has had a touch of play on my car for a while.
A friend inspected and said one of the rack bolts is missing.

Would this cuase it to play a little?
Aslo, how much are these snots?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Any missing parts can and often do cause malfunctions, play, etc. Bolts are not very expensive, but you need to be more specific as to what is missing. Visit www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, use their online catalog and you should find what you are looking for, including exact prices on the items. Most of the time, the parts listings include a description of the part, such as the bolt properties. Using this, you can match up a bolt locally rather than going to the dealer. Hope this helps.

Mars
03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
its one fo the big 4 bracket bolts. ima try to get one at a parts stoor, hopefully this is the problem and not something more serious.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-25-2006, 12:31 PM
P/S Gearbox in Catalog (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=P.S.+GEAR+BOX)

I believe the bolts you are trying to find are #10 and #11 in the picture. They are both 8mm, but one is 20mm long and the other is 25mm long. Personally, I'd get them from the dealer as they are so cheap and they should have them on hand. Otherwise, get the highest automotive grade bolts you can get to be on the safe side. Hope this helps.

Mars
03-25-2006, 02:11 PM
yeah, thanks a lot man