PDA

View Full Version : B18 in an 86 Accord LXi Hatch?

theBeline
08-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Would a B18 engine swap work into a 1986 accord LXi? What engines would fit, and where would I find them. I know about the ecu and intake and all of that, I just want to know what would work...

night
08-22-2002, 05:30 PM
whatever you wanna pay for

Lockleaf
08-26-2002, 12:22 AM
yeah you can make a b18 fit. Placeracing.com has prefabricated engine mount kits for it. At least, if you're talking about honda's b-series engines. My suggestion is if you are thinking b18 do the b20z. It's the same engine but bored out to a 2 liter instead of 1.8 liter. You can use virtually any B18 aftermarket part on it with great results. I was originally going to do the B20z but decided H22 might be more fun to try. Later. Lockleaf

theBeline
09-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Where would I want to look to find a B20Z? Or a B18 or B18C for that matter. I found one place jdmhondaparts.com but they seam to price a little high, and I don't like their jargon on their faq page, it seams sketchy...

2Fast_Fiero
09-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Actualy, they price VERY WELL, every other place that I find that isn't a junk yard charges way more, my friend just found a B18C SHORT BLOCK for $4700, no exaust, no intake, nothing but the block and the internals, I LMAO. I think that if you wanna do either the B18 or the B20, the B18 is a little bit lighter then the B20, and you can easily bore the B18 to be a B20 (B20Z) I'm doing the F20B SiR-T motor, but I'm spending alot more then 4grand, thats the price for just my motor, I still gotta buy ECU, Trany, Mounts, Axles, and the wireing harness, But I'm gonna do that in like 6-8 Months.

2Fast_Fiero
09-03-2002, 01:03 AM
The reason you think that they are overpriced is because thier engines are MAINLY JDM Spec, not USDM, our USDM engines are cheaper, but they dont push as much hp/tq as the JDM engines do stock, in the Japan Domestic Market they do some mid upgrades to get the 10-30 extra horsepower, anything from an intake manifold, to different cams and cam gears. Things are different there, I guess the atmosphere messes with thier cars differently, but I want a JDM Spec Engine.

Lockleaf
09-03-2002, 10:42 PM
you can do like msi said and bore a b18 out to a 2 liter engine. There are a few small disadvantages of this.

One - Honda did all the math before it screwed with the engine. With the b20 you know there are no problems in the way it's been bored.

Two - the b20 has also been resleeved by honda. That means higher compression and temperatures without YOU having to rebuild the internals. and again, honda did all the math before the production, so again, no worries.

later
lockleaf