PDA

View Full Version : got me rims today

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 07:48 PM
so i finally got my rims today, used/sorta beat up. i only have two good tires on them. the other one is blown and the other is bald so i didn't want to risk it.

but anyways here's what it'll look like with all the rims on it, i'm prolly gonna paint them black soon to cover up some of the scrapes.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Boonie_Buster/DCAM0707.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Boonie_Buster/DCAM0711.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Boonie_Buster/DCAM0709.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Boonie_Buster/DCAM0710.jpg

MessyHonda
03-25-2006, 07:57 PM
they look good...how many inches did you drop your car?

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
i dropped it as far as the ebay coilovers would allow (3-4 inches i think, prolly more like 3 inches)

gfrg88
03-25-2006, 08:21 PM
looks good, i like the drop :rockon:

mkymonkey
03-25-2006, 08:22 PM
that doesnt look like a 3 inch drop...i would say maybe 2 or 1.75

3gn86lxi
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
i dropped it as far as the ebay coilovers would allow (3-4 inches i think, prolly more like 3 inches)
Can you say.......boing, boing!!!!!! Holy crap, hows that thing ride on those coilovers???? Like shit, eh??? Stock struts to I bet.

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
that doesnt look like a 3 inch drop...i would say maybe 2 or 1.75

i know it's more than that though, the stock tires fill the fenders better, these tires are smaller than stock so it gives the appearance that it's taller.

these are 205/40/16 tires so they're like 98% (or whatever that one thread says they are) smaller than stock.

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Can you say.......boing, boing!!!!!! Holy crap, hows that thing ride on those coilovers???? Like shit, eh??? Stock struts to I bet.

it's better than the stock tires a little but yes the back bucks like crazy over bumps, i've been trying to do a little more research on spring rates and whatnot to figure out a better spring for the rear.

speedpenguin
03-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Spring rates ain't your problem, buddy. :)

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 09:20 PM
partially, although struts would help, lol. you got a set laying around you'll give me to fix the problem. lol. :stick: :lol:

actually i wonder if a newer stock set would help some, i know they'd last a whole 2 weeks but maybe help for a little while.

gfrg88
03-25-2006, 09:46 PM
theyd probably only help to drive out of the parking lot and then theyll be gone again.....

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 09:56 PM
theyd probably only help to drive out of the parking lot and then theyll be gone again.....

i know, wishful thinking:Owned2: whould tokicos be enough though? i hear that they aren't even close to holding up to these springs, and that no one truly makes a strut strong enough for these coils

gfrg88
03-25-2006, 10:05 PM
well if theyre dropped all the way, no there isnt a strut that will hold up...

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
i was thinking i should pull my welder out and just weld the strut shaft so i get NO movement whatsoever, so i dont have to worry about it bouncing ever again. i'll just air my tires down a little to work as the suspension,

actually.......now that i think of it............ i should take some air out of my tires, that way they're lighter. instead of running at 35PSI i'll run them at 15 or maybe even 10PSI, that'll reduce the wieight by about 20-some pounds a tire, i'll shave almost 100 lbs off my car!!!!

sporkHSP
03-25-2006, 10:23 PM
i was thinking i should pull my welder out and just weld the strut shaft so i get NO movement whatsoever, so i dont have to worry about it bouncing ever again. i'll just air my tires down a little to work as the suspension,

actually.......now that i think of it............ i should take some air out of my tires, that way they're lighter. instead of running at 35PSI i'll run them at 15 or maybe even 10PSI, that'll reduce the wieight by about 20-some pounds a tire, i'll shave almost 100 lbs off my car!!!!
any info on the wheels, I like em.

and dont deflate your tires to lose weight, all you will do is lose gas mileage, risk damaging your wheels and possibly wrecking your car.

Boonie Buster
03-25-2006, 10:33 PM
any info on the wheels, I like em.

and dont deflate your tires to lose weight, all you will do is lose gas mileage, risk damaging your wheels and possibly wrecking your car.

no, i'm not gonna do that, i know enough about tires to know better:) i was just waiting for someones reaction to that comment, lol. if you look close in the first pic i have a truck in the background that i run the tires at 3PSI!!!, and i run 4-6PSI in my other truck tires (when i'm out wheeling of course, not on the road, i have on-board air to fill them back up after wheeling)
but they only go back up to about 18PSI at most because of the style of tire and weight of the rig.

anyways, the rims are 16" TSW VX1's, tires(well the two good ones) are 205/40/16 Falken ZIEXs, i've gotta find two more now, or at least two similar directionals would be nice. but i actually painted the two rims that are going to need new tires gloss black, the rims are pretty beat up, they actually look pretty good black, but i kinda like the aluminum look on my car right now, oh well, the paint actually softened, if not eliminated, a lot of the dings, so they look really nice now.

89AccordResto
03-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Those are SPA wheels right? They looked okay but man... that rim design kinda pisses me off. They bulge OUTWARDS, so they're REALLY easy to mess up on a curb. :\ Oh well. They look pretty cool on your car man.

AccordRacing21
03-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Very nice, just don't mess one up, I spent 6 months trying to find ONE for a customer at Les Schwab.

reanimator420
03-26-2006, 05:14 AM
those are nice cant wait to see more pics