PDA

View Full Version : Wiper issues

FyreDaug
03-25-2006, 10:22 PM
My wipers all "work" but the windshield ones dont remember where the bottom is. Ill hit it once so it goes and wipes once, and sits back down, but as soon as I let go of the button it stops, so they will stop half way through. Same goes with the sprayer. instead of going by 3 times, its like 2 and 1/3 or wherever it decides to stop.

And the rear wiper only has about 25% of movement. I put it to the bottom resting position and ill use it, itll go all the way up and come back down 25%, it sounds like it tries to move more, but then it goes back up, then down 25% again. Only way to get it down is to physically move it down.

Any ideas what could cause either problem? The rear wiper seems to be a motor/gear problem.

I havent looked in depth, but there is clearly no wiring problems or anything physically in the way to cause these behaviors.... is it simply just a new switch for the front ones?

FyreDaug
03-27-2006, 09:00 AM
bump

89AccordResto
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
My guess would be the wiper staulk is broken, or the cam inside of it. My car did that, I used the wipers once and I heard this 'crack', and now my wiper arm is much more flacid, and you have to put it back up manually if you want to just 'press it down' for one wipe. That's just a guess though. :|

87accordlxi
03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
It's probably the cam. One time I started my car after a big snowstorm. The windshield was covered with about a foot of snow, and I didn't realize I left my wipers on from the last time I drove it. The snow was too heavy and the wipers couldn't move and I think it stripped the cam.

3rdgenhatchDX
03-27-2006, 09:21 AM
my wipers work fine, are your blades the correct length? check your motors, maybe it could be the wiring in the combo switch? :D good luck!

FyreDaug
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Well my intermittent doesnt work right either, its the same as the low speed.... if its the cam, how do I go about replacing that? Im sure the wiring is fine.... could it also be the switch?

FyreDaug
03-30-2006, 08:58 AM
^

89AccordResto
03-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Well my intermittent doesnt work right either, its the same as the low speed.... if its the cam, how do I go about replacing that? Im sure the wiring is fine.... could it also be the switch?

Pretty sure you'd have to pull the wheel in order to look at it. But replacements can be had for reasonably cheap prices.

FyreDaug
03-30-2006, 11:43 AM
I have 2 parts cars.

Blkblurr
03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure if there is a switch that tells that the wipers are down but if there is I suspect the switch contacts are open. I will look at the circuit when I get time.

FyreDaug
03-31-2006, 03:12 PM
anything blkblurr? basically I need to know what I need to replace to fix this issue

Blkblurr
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
According to the Honda service manual on page 25-60 the motor contains a switch that tells the position of the wipers. It recommends replacing the cam/ motor combo when this happens. There is also a test you can perform that is described on page 25-62
Hope this helps