PDA

View Full Version : my alarm/remote start/power door locks and accessory install thread

SQ is the SQUAD
03-26-2006, 02:08 PM
since i have my cars interior totally riped apart i decided to redo my amarl and all the accessories and have everythnig wired up neately.

i have:
viper 791 alarm remote start combo
aftermarket dower dor lock acuators
aftermarket window roll up
glass breake sensor
penzo sirens
power door lock switch ( i found it somewhere )

the first time i installed my alarm i had alot of questions, some when unanswered (like that stupid dome lite wire that i couldent find.). i am going to show all my alarm pics, and diagrams in this thread, and hopefully it will be helpful to someone one day.

as some of you know, ive been working on my power door locks. now comes the part of wireing them up. i ran the blue/green wire from both acuators to where the alarm box is. i sliced them together so both locks will open close together. when this alarm was on my 01 impala the wires where hooked together with resistors like this:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6775/doorlocks1pf.jpg

can i just unhook these and wire up the wires or do i have to use one of those relay setups.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-26-2006, 02:18 PM
i do have these relays. i am going to re-read the installation book tonite and see what i should do

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4015/pdlrelay5se.jpg

SQ is the SQUAD
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
this post is a rundown of my instullation manual wire readouts
i will edit it as we make corrections

primary harness (h1), 12 pin connector
orange - 500 mA armend output ( what does this go to?)
white + - selectable light flash output (this one is fine)
white/blue - remote stert activation input (might jerry rig to ebrake)
black/white domelight supervision output (relay for domelight)
green - door trigger imput, zone 3 (not sure)
blue - multiplexed input, zone 4 (not sure)
violet + door trigger input, zone 3 (not sure)
black chassis ground imput (ok)
brown + siren output (ok)
red + constent power input (ok)
red/white - 200mA channel 2 validity output (trunk relase)

hondaaccord_86
03-27-2006, 01:03 AM
The following is from www.the12volt.com, I thought this was really help and it'd be great to share!

1986-89 Honda Accord Security Information
Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Black/White Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Blue Distributor
Brake Switch Green/White Brake Switch
Trunk Pin Green/Black (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Parking Lights Red/Black Fuse Panel in Driver's Kick Panel
Head Lamp Red/White Light Switch
Hood Pin n/a
Factory Disarm n/a
Door Trigger Black/White (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Lock Green/White (-) Driver's Kick Panel or at Module under Passenger's Seat
Door Unlock Green/Red (-)
Horn Wire Blue/Red (-) Steering Column

let me know how its going. gluck!

SQ is the SQUAD
03-27-2006, 03:45 AM
thanks. i have see that before the problem is, i dont have alot of the options on my coupe like factory power door locks, trunk pop, ect, so i have to wire them up myself

catalin
03-27-2006, 08:14 PM
can i just unhook these and wire up the wires or do i have to use one of those relay setups.

Yes all you'll need is the green and blue wire. No resistors or diodes.

catalin
03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
i do have these relays. i am going to re-read the installation book tonite and see what i should do

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4015/pdlrelay5se.jpg

You need to use that module. Connect the smaller green and blue wire to the lock wiring on the viper.
Other wires are needed to be connected to the actuators. That will be in your instructions for it.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-28-2006, 03:48 AM
ok thanks, i knew i was going to need it

hondaaccord_86
04-06-2006, 12:43 AM
quick question:
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4497/3geez6hi.jpg

catalin
04-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Not really sure, is there a model number on the case? Looks like an Audiovox product to me...

When I first saw the pic, I just glanced at it and thought that was the cover for the relay module.. :)

SQ is the SQUAD
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
its a powder door lock realy by dei. it came with the alarm, but i am still lost on hooking it up. there is a diagram on the back listing the wire colors to one of the basic 5 prong realy, but i though that this was the relay, i am so lost, and of course i can find my manual. i just had it. i guess ill have to download another

hondaaccord_86
04-09-2006, 01:31 AM
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

SQ is the SQUAD
04-09-2006, 06:17 AM
good look, if its not rainy when i get hoem from church ill try to finish today

hondaaccord_86
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
hows the install going? did you finish up?

gsus
11-12-2006, 12:52 PM
did you ever manage to install your remote start? if so, can you help me out with bypassing my clutch? lol it's the only thing holding me back from having the remote start functional!

SQ is the SQUAD
11-12-2006, 01:42 PM
i did finish installing, but my car was auto. i did have remotoe star on my 88 dx 5spd but i never had to press the clutch to install it on that

but i am leting you know this for "novelty" purposes. me non 3geez.com claims any responsability for anything you do. blah blah blah.

if you stick you head under the dash where the pedals are, on your clutch pedal you should see a switch with two wires on them. i dont rember exactly if the wires have to go together or apart for clutchless start, but if you look at it and know anyhint about5 12v systems you should be able to figure it out

gsus
11-12-2006, 02:47 PM
^^^ figured it out shortly after posting, thanks though.