PDA

View Full Version : bodykit and lowering

gamenerd
03-26-2006, 03:55 PM
alright guys heres a very important question for me.

im goin to install a bodykit on my 89 accord Lxi 2door

and im also goin to lower my car 2" front and back.

is there any precautions i should take ?
lower car first and then bodykit?

or is lower goin to affect the kit because is goin to be too low??

or mybe the kit wont fit cause the lowering would put to low to the ground or simple the only problem would
clearence?....

please give me your input

bullard123
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
My advice to you would be get bigger tires.I have some 17's. It doesn't effect the height by a lot but it helps. I have a 2.25 in drop with my body kit and it looks like I'll be alright lol. But get the springs installed first (coilovers if possible) that way you can adjust the car height and see how you like the ride quality. If you don't use the coilovers you may have slight camber prooblems also. Keep that in mind.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
I would put the kit on forst then decide how much you can lower it. All bodykits are different, some are lower then others. You might find out that with the kit and different size wheels/tires you won't have to lower it at all, if you lower it first it might end up being too low for a kit.

spnrx
03-27-2006, 06:12 AM
yeah it would be a better idea to install the kit first and then dropn it. Good luck and which kit are you putting on the car?

gamenerd
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.andysautosport.com/product/exterior/body_kits/silk_automotive?_v=vmd00185

is a blackwidow custom from 90-93 accord