PDA

View Full Version : heater control wiring help

newaccorddriver
03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
im in the process of trying to convert my sliders into push buttons. right now ive kinda hit a wall and i have no idea how this is gonna work. apparently the 86-87 models only have sliders while the 88-89 lx and ex/exi models have push buttons (this applys to canadian models, not sure about american models). ive got the push button control panel, and the function control motor. the wiring harness is what really gets to me. in the wiring diagram ive got, it shows how everything should be which is pretty straight forward. when i look at the harness, i see the part that plugs into the push button panel, but the proble is, nowhere on the harness does it connect to the function control. for some reason the function control is connected to the interior wiring harness.

does anybody know if its possible to hard wire the function controls to the push buttons? or if theres any way to install push button controls without having to convert my car to an 88-89?

shepherd79
03-30-2006, 06:42 AM
i am thinking you have DX model. on 3 geez models you will have one cable control, it is for heater valve. everything else will be push buttons.
your best bet would be just get 86-87 dash wirring harness and the whole heater unit from junk yard car.

newaccorddriver
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
ive got an EXi model(canadian specs), and all the 86-87 EXi models, or all models between those 2 years have sliders. its the 88-89 models that have the push buttons. the main problem i have right now is that one cable that runs into the main harness. other then that its just a matter of plug and play(or hopefully it is) cause i can get the entire heater harness and such

shepherd79
04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
see if some one on the board could sell you wirring harness from US 86-87 model LXI.