PDA

View Full Version : Unique custom...

murphaccord88
03-30-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm looking for ideas to do custom work on my accord. I saw some new ideas @ HIN in Chicago on last Saturday. This guy had make a trunk with a plexi-glass indert in the middle and had the licence plate on the inside of his trunk, lit up w/ neons. There were no 3geez there tho...:crying: ! a couple of CRX and 4geez but thats about it. Mostly newer civics, anyways......just lookin for some new ideas that no one has really done before......better said than done.

A18A
03-30-2006, 08:08 AM
do the pop-up boot, theres a how-to in the how-to section

gfrg88
03-30-2006, 08:15 AM
pop up boot?

speedpenguin
03-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Pop-up trunk. It's not all that original. Except that it probably isn't that commom in a 3G. But then again neither are most of the projects on this board.

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0667.jpg
what like this its really cheap and easy

speedpenguin
03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Nice!

bullard123
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah that looks killer ghetto ready.

mkymonkey
03-30-2006, 02:16 PM
ok if you want original ideas, why are you asking us? if we tell you what to do, its not original at all. at least from you. i mean if someone tells you to do it, you cant say you came up with it.

but why the hell would you want to put neons in/on yourcar? that was cool from 84-98....not anymore :\

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks guys, and monkey your completly correct neon did go out like in 98 2000 ish its just not unique anymore its cool to light some things up but i odnt think id like my license plate to be inside my trunk with neon lighting it up now if someone cut a large section out of the top of the trunk lid and put i peice of plexi-glass and light up the intior trunk from behinde say a speaker box or with a tv under it so u can walk up to it lol but something coll if your having trouble getting ideas just sit and watch tv or read a mag and just try to change something u know

3G Jester
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
ghetto..i do like the work...it is over done on many cars at import shows...however day to day you dont see many of them..like pulling in the shopping mall or something..it turns some heads. ALSO..there arent ever any 3geez at import shows (except one or two of our old members who dont comeone the board much anymore) so ANYthing on a 3g at show looks hot :)

MURPH- a decent amount of people on this board have done some cool ass custom work. there are quite a few FUNCTIONAL hood scoops with custom intakes that lok pretty hot. one guy who just sold his hatch had custom tails..he moddified the body to fit in some tails...i saw pics of the hatch with the tails out and they almost looked like the shape of teg tails...but i dont know. people have also taken the regular tail housings and modified those..either painting them all red to get rid of the orange..or taking plaxi and fiber glass to make different styles..like a solid housing with only circles...some good stuff.
anything you can think of is possible with the time and effort. and a lot of it is not expensive at all. weld what you want. if you cant weld..fiberglass. make a 50 dollar shopping trip and let your mid and hands create what you want. enjoy it and make sure you dont cut corners and do the full work to make a project look good. if you want someone could photchop some ideas for you and you could see what you like...theres alays paint box too for a ghetto but usefull design idea. so what are you waiting for? stop reading this go pull your car in the garage and mod it already!

mkymonkey
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
good point!

ps everytime i see your damn frreaking sig, i feel like competting with the damn picture. but i dont think the girlfriend and i are that fast. at changing from one to the other i mean lol

anyway back on track

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 03:58 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0672.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0673.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0674.jpg

heres some more pics of my trunk, its not all about using others ideas but to make them your own change things make them look unique as u say but trust me what ever you do someone will tell u they thought about doing it the dif is they thought u did

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I like the work you did, but it looks rerally cluttered inside your trunk. I think if you organize it a little bit it will look a lot better and more professional.

89AccordResto
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I think flip flop trunks are gay. But that's my opinion. I just don't see the point. Woop de fucking do I installed some hinges on my trunk. Does it make a boring car suddenly cool? Not really. :|

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
no your right but it was used in conjunction with the stereo stuff to high light it

89AccordResto
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
It's okay if you're into the stereo scene. Then knock yourself out, as it'll help showcase your subs or whatever. But other than that, I think it's lame. Showcars have them too.. and personally, I htink most showcars are crap.

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 05:03 PM
lol
its for some and not for others i have friends that are like that too there like there cars with doors that open normal and a seat and a steering wheel

89AccordResto
03-30-2006, 06:14 PM
That's a pretty serious looking stereo. Do you compete with it?

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
not yet there hasent been a hole lot of comps out this way
but it 2700 watts 3 10"'s and 4 5 1/4"s with a panisonic deck

lostforawhile
03-30-2006, 07:54 PM
well it's all what you want to do,I have about three pieces on the interior of my car that are original,everything else came from somewhere else. of course i have an altimeter too,but thats a different story. just get a note pad and a piece of paper and when you get an idea write it down. it's what you want to do,In my case i want everything to look functional and integrated with the rest of the car. in your case you might like painted fiberglass interiors and diamondplate,it's all what you want to do.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-30-2006, 08:16 PM
That's a pretty serious looking stereo. Do you compete with it?

I'm sorry, but you're kidding right? this coming from the guy who thinks momo pedals are shit?... Sorry ghetto, but xplod stereo stuff is the cream of the crap. :p

Now back on topic... I think clean custom body work is cool, and IMO you don't see enough of it lately... its all about the gay JDM fad... yes I like some jdm parts, and I like the style, but you don't see enough clean showey cars lately IMO.... Just try to come up with ideas yourself... and make sure the work is done right.

snoopyloopy
03-30-2006, 08:58 PM
whatever you do, do it yourself. don't get an idea then pay someone else to do it. that takes half the fun out of the idea.

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry, but you're kidding right? this coming from the guy who thinks momo pedals are shit?... Sorry ghetto, but xplod stereo stuff is the cream of the crap. :p
done right.
none takin but if u heard it ud say that a liitle dif like cream of the ok lol it actually sounds really good and scars every one cause ill show them what it looks like then they say sonys crap
(witch they are but for some reason ive had really good luck with these subs)
then i l;et them here it and they ask to llok at them again and are like wow taht actually sounds good, ill prolly end up buying some new onew soon those are like 3 years old and i constintly have my stereo at full blast so i dont see them lastin much longer

whatever you do, do it yourself. don't get an idea then pay someone else to do it. that takes half the fun out of the idea.
unless your hepling then it only takes 25%of then fun away and u learn a little

89AccordResto
03-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Now back on topic... I think clean custom body work is cool, and IMO you don't see enough of it lately... its all about the gay JDM fad... yes I like some jdm parts, and I like the style, but you don't see enough clean showey cars lately IMO.... Just try to come up with ideas yourself... and make sure the work is done right.

I don't know shit about stereos. It looks expensive. I used to have all alpine stuff but that was years ago.

spnrx
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM

DUDE! you gotta be joking! Xplodes.....cream of the crop.....look in to kicker. Kickers are the best. Plain and simple. They are durible and they hit like an earthquake. Check em out, especially the L7s

ghettogeddy
03-30-2006, 10:39 PM
he actuall said cream of the crap but yes your right L7 hit really hard but i got mine for the price of one L7 10

spnrx
03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
he actuall said cream of the crap but yes your right L7 hit really hard but i got mine for the price of one L7 10

LOL well my bad. The speakers from what I have heard aren't that good but one of the sony amps hits like a mofo man. That bitch blew some kicker 12" comps

ghettogeddy
03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
the only sony stuff i like is the 5 sided stuff is its round it sucks but if it looks like stop sign it slaps

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
I have to agree there, the older weird shaped sonys hit hard and last long. You definatly get your moneys worth with those. There are a lot better subs, but they also cost a lot more.

ghettogeddy
03-31-2006, 10:26 AM
i only paid 130 for all 3 10's

spnrx
03-31-2006, 11:29 AM
that's not bad, and yeah it was the stop sign....that was just sick

lostforawhile
03-31-2006, 10:20 PM
does anybody run the older sony stuff like i do? pre-explode amps? all they did with the explode stuff was downgrade quality,and upgrade the flashy factor. the older plain sony amps were the best. they did their job with no flash,that money went into the amp itself.

89AccordResto
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM
does anybody run the older sony stuff like i do? pre-explode amps? all they did with the explode stuff was downgrade quality,and upgrade the flashy factor. the older plain sony amps were the best. they did their job with no flash,that money went into the amp itself.

That doesn't really make sense. I'm an industrial design major, and it wouldn't make sense to 'downgrade' the amps and increase the flashiness, because that would cost way more money. Are you SURE about them being shittier? Because it's MUCH MUCH more logical that they took their old 'plain' amps and just redesigned the exterior to make them flashier and attract more attention, without changing the internals much.

lostforawhile
04-01-2006, 09:26 AM
they changed their market from people who were serious about their audio to the kid who wants to just drop a big box in the back of their car for bass, it's just cheaper made amps but they sell lots more, when the ricer craze went full blast is when the explode amps came out. I've had terrible luck working with them,and just about everyone i know in car audio has said the same. I keeps my eye out for the older ones that haven't been destroyed over time,but they are hard to find.

89AccordResto
04-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Yes, but are you sure they are actually different inside? It would be much much cheaper to add some bling to the existing amps and use the same electronics in a flashier 'package' so to speak, then to develop a whole new line of amps....

ghettogeddy
04-01-2006, 10:46 AM
i would agree hald and half the cheaper xplod stuff well it sucks i used to sell car stereo at fry's and 1200 watt amps were sold for likr 40 bucks and a good 40%of them came back

2drSE-i
04-01-2006, 11:49 AM
how does it not make sense....its the same thing ford motor company did with their mustangs. they finally got up to a good power plant (5.0, even tho it was slow as hell cuz the foxbody design was heavy as hell) but when it was time to redesign, they thought about even putting in a 4 cylinder.

89AccordResto
04-01-2006, 12:11 PM
how does it not make sense....its the same thing ford motor company did with their mustangs. they finally got up to a good power plant (5.0, even tho it was slow as hell cuz the foxbody design was heavy as hell) but when it was time to redesign, they thought about even putting in a 4 cylinder.

Actually, you don't make sense.

lostforawhile
04-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Yes, but are you sure they are actually different inside? It would be much much cheaper to add some bling to the existing amps and use the same electronics in a flashier 'package' so to speak, then to develop a whole new line of amps....it's easy,they don't make the board inside,as far as I know it's made in korea. just like RCA used to be a good brand,now it's just a label and a lot of their stuff is cheap junk. I've heard rumors that some of the explode amps use the same boards as pyramid. you can look at the price even and tell it's not quality,good amps use good quality components,and a lot of labor to build,good quality parts are not cheap. the only way they could be selling those amps for what they are is by cutting corners, you get what you pay for.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-01-2006, 07:29 PM
DUDE! you gotta be joking! Xplodes.....cream of the crop.....look in to kicker. Kickers are the best. Plain and simple. They are durible and they hit like an earthquake. Check em out, especially the L7s

Lol... ya man cream of the crap is what I said, and IMO, kicker subs hit hard, but i've already got my stereo taken care of.

ANd I agree, the older sony car audio stuff was much much better, who knows what happened along the line, but they definately dropped in quality.

ghettogeddy
04-01-2006, 07:36 PM
just like fosgat the crome amps imo dont sound all that good at all but like the ones form 2002 and below are awsom as u can see from what i have they went flashybut the real reson they did it is cause in 2002 the designer went to mtx and they dident have right to use his stuff so they had to change the design but we all kno wy mtx is comming back the jakhammer is a sick ass sub

89AccordResto
04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
just like fosgat the crome amps imo dont sound all that good at all but like the ones form 2002 and below are awsom as u can see from what i have they went flashybut the real reson they did it is cause in 2002 the designer went to mtx and they dident have right to use his stuff so they had to change the design but we all kno wy mtx is comming back the jakhammer is a sick ass sub

... k... um... first off, try using a period every once in a while. Second, the designer doesn't usually own the rights to whatever he produces for a company unless it's an outside source, ie, he was freelance, but even then if a company accepts your designs it is then THEIR design and they hold the rights to it. Where did you hear otherwise?

ghettogeddy
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
who knows were i heard it i belive it was from the mtx rep but i could be wrong i did here somewere else that tne the designer went to mtx, and as far as my typing goes a was never good and writing so haha

89AccordResto
04-02-2006, 09:06 AM
You don't have to be good. Just use on of these every once in a while: . It seperates your ideas and makes them easier to understand, otherwise everything is all run together and I have no idea wtf you're talking about.